Vista home basic network

BG

Vista home basic network
Im running two machines, both with vista home basic OS's - in Chinese. They
can see each other through wireless router, but one cant go into others "c"
drive. Access is denied. I need to be able to map drives freely and see each
others drives, folders and files. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated. (I have even been able to map the drives, but cant get into
them), though have been able to share a printer. I have tried numerous
avenues, such as adding "everyone" to permissions, but still have not been
able to achieve success. I know this is possible and probably really easy,
just missing something along the way.
Thank you for your assistance.
--
BG
Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista home basic network
Hello BG,

As your problem doesn't appear to be related to Windows Update, suggest you
try the Discussions in Windows Vista Networking and Sharing

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.net working_sharing&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US>
-=-

Discussions in Windows Vista Finding and Organizing Files

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.fil e_management&cat=en_US_3E74AA3D-AD1D-31FC-A245-6F50BD6DFF56&lang=en&cr=US>

Thanks and good luck !

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"BG" wrote:

> Im running two machines, both with vista home basic OS's - in Chinese. They
> can see each other through wireless router, but one cant go into others "c"
> drive. Access is denied. I need to be able to map drives freely and see each
> others drives, folders and files. Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated. (I have even been able to map the drives, but cant get into
> them), though have been able to share a printer. I have tried numerous
> avenues, such as adding "everyone" to permissions, but still have not been
> able to achieve success. I know this is possible and probably really easy,
> just missing something along the way.
> Thank you for your assistance.
> --
> BG

Re: Vista home basic network
[[Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing newsgroup
via crosspost.]]

BG wrote:
> Im running two machines, both with vista home basic OS's - in Chinese.
> They
> can see each other through wireless router, but one cant go into others
> "c"
> drive. Access is denied. I need to be able to map drives freely and see
> each
> others drives, folders and files. Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated. (I have even been able to map the drives, but cant get into
> them), though have been able to share a printer. I have tried numerous
> avenues, such as adding "everyone" to permissions, but still have not been
> able to achieve success. I know this is possible and probably really easy,
> just missing something along the way.
> Thank you for your assistance.

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista home basic network
First of all, we don't recommend share the C drive.

1. Have you share the C drive? Posting the result of net share result here
may help.
2. Have you assigned permission in both Sharing and Security?

This search result may help too.
Vista Permission Issues
Mar 19, 2007 ... Can I assume the external drive used to be connecting
to other computer and you just re-connect it the the Vista? Check the
permission using ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapermission.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE