Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2009
Alex396
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706
I have tried to install this update at least ten times now it will never
install.

I even used system restore to warp back and tried to install it again with
no luck even after installing all the other current updates. I have 11.3GBs
free on my stem drive and the update is 55.7MBs. Why does this update not
install. I have 55.0GBs free on my second drive.

Could someone help me please it gives the error codes
WindowsUpdate_00006D9E WindowsUpdate_dt000
after it cannot install the update but I cannot find any information on the
update errors on Microsofts Website.

Plese Help???
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706
(cross-post addded to SQL Setup)
"Alex396" <Alex396@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9FB187F-79CF-4D8E-AF92-91CFD9E28A57@microsoft.com...

> [Subject: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706

]

>I have tried to install this update at least ten times now it will never
> install.
>
> I even used system restore to warp back and tried to install it again with
> no luck even after installing all the other current updates. I have 11.3GBs
> free on my stem drive and the update is 55.7MBs. Why does this update not
> install. I have 55.0GBs free on my second drive.
>
> Could someone help me please it gives the error codes
> WindowsUpdate_00006D9E WindowsUpdate_dt000
> after it cannot install the update but I cannot find any information on the
> update errors on Microsofts Website.



Try converting your hex code to decimal and then do a search with that.
In fact, you may find that with SQL Server installed it might even tell you
what it means. E.g. try the following two commands in a cmd window:

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x6D9E
28062
E:\>net helpmsg %c%
</cmd_output>

Does that command: net helpmsg 28062
show you anything interesting?


>
> Plese Help???



Otherwise try a web search...

Here's an answer to a similar question regarding an older service pack

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-0f68f5658061/

(Microsoft Search for
28062 SQL (MSFT OR MVP)
- second of 5 hits
)

BTW once your symptoms are independent of the update distribution
mechanism, you are more likely to find help for problems with an install
of an update from a newsgroup or forum which specializes in the product
being updated. Cross-posting to an SQL NG for convenience.


Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009
lilms_m
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB95
How do you find or where do you find the cmd windows screen? How do you
convert the hex code & where do you find it?

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post addded to SQL Setup)
> "Alex396" <Alex396@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9FB187F-79CF-4D8E-AF92-91CFD9E28A57@microsoft.com...
>
> > [Subject: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706

> ]
>
> >I have tried to install this update at least ten times now it will never
> > install.
> >
> > I even used system restore to warp back and tried to install it again with
> > no luck even after installing all the other current updates. I have 11.3GBs
> > free on my stem drive and the update is 55.7MBs. Why does this update not
> > install. I have 55.0GBs free on my second drive.
> >
> > Could someone help me please it gives the error codes
> > WindowsUpdate_00006D9E WindowsUpdate_dt000
> > after it cannot install the update but I cannot find any information on the
> > update errors on Microsofts Website.

>
>
> Try converting your hex code to decimal and then do a search with that.
> In fact, you may find that with SQL Server installed it might even tell you
> what it means. E.g. try the following two commands in a cmd window:
>
> <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> E:\>set /a c = 0x6D9E
> 28062
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
> </cmd_output>
>
> Does that command: net helpmsg 28062
> show you anything interesting?
>
>
> >
> > Plese Help???

>
>
> Otherwise try a web search...
>
> Here's an answer to a similar question regarding an older service pack
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-0f68f5658061/
>
> (Microsoft Search for
> 28062 SQL (MSFT OR MVP)
> - second of 5 hits
> )
>
> BTW once your symptoms are independent of the update distribution
> mechanism, you are more likely to find help for problems with an install
> of an update from a newsgroup or forum which specializes in the product
> being updated. Cross-posting to an SQL NG for convenience.
>
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009
Erland Sommarskog
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB95
lilms_m (lilms_m@discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> How do you find or where do you find the cmd windows screen?


Start->Programs->Accessories

Or Start->Run and enter cmd.

> How do you convert the hex code & where do you find it?


It seems that Robert's post showed you just that. But 28062 does not
seem to be a code that NET HELPMSG translates, so that was a blind
route anyway.

At which point does the installation of the Service Pack fail?

Do you have a file
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix\HotFix.log"
on your system? In such case, can you attach it?


--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online:
SQL 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc514207.aspx
SQL 2005: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb895970.aspx
SQL 2000: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinf...ons/books.mspx

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2009
djmixon
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706
Alex396, I am having the same problem. I have tried to understand what the
techies have given as answers to no avail.

Have you fixed this problem with your update and, if so, how.

To the others out there who know the answer, please remember that not all of
us are programmers or computer techs. So, if you have an answer, please
provide it clearly and concisely. An explanation of what each step does and
how to revert back to my normal operating status once the problem is solved
would be appreciated.

Thank you,
djmixon
--
I am not a programmer, so please answer my questions clearly and concisely.
Thank you.


"Alex396" wrote:

> I have tried to install this update at least ten times now it will never
> install.
>
> I even used system restore to warp back and tried to install it again with
> no luck even after installing all the other current updates. I have 11.3GBs
> free on my stem drive and the update is 55.7MBs. Why does this update not
> install. I have 55.0GBs free on my second drive.
>
> Could someone help me please it gives the error codes
> WindowsUpdate_00006D9E WindowsUpdate_dt000
> after it cannot install the update but I cannot find any information on the
> update errors on Microsofts Website.
>
> Plese Help???

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2009
Ricky
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706
Skip all the others help. The best way is to manually install. Just click on
the link or copy and paste and know that it is safe b/c its from Microsoft's
website. the directions are on the page as well! Good luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

"Alex396" wrote:

> I have tried to install this update at least ten times now it will never
> install.
>
> I even used system restore to warp back and tried to install it again with
> no luck even after installing all the other current updates. I have 11.3GBs
> free on my stem drive and the update is 55.7MBs. Why does this update not
> install. I have 55.0GBs free on my second drive.
>
> Could someone help me please it gives the error codes
> WindowsUpdate_00006D9E WindowsUpdate_dt000
> after it cannot install the update but I cannot find any information on the
> update errors on Microsofts Website.
>
> Plese Help???

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2010
hhasert
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB95
For me the solution was simple. I had the dir where SQL Server Express was
installed 'compressed' and that caused the error. Just make it uncompressed
and the update installs.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706) error code 0x1117B? B.Ouellet Windows Vista Home Premium 3 05-06-2009 23:33
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack Landon H. microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-06-2009 05:22
Microsoft SQL server 2005 express edition service pack 3 frustrated50 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-01-2009 08:27
RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 (KB 9 Roger microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 06-06-2008 22:39
Re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 (KB 9 justin microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 03-28-2008 07:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120