Update "in progress"

wess

Update "in progress"
I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
error message and have tried repeatedly.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Update "in progress"
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; WinXP SP3)
when posting to this newsgroup.

"wess" wrote:

> I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> error message and have tried repeatedly.

aymen

RE: Update "in progress"

"wess" wrote:

> I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> error message and have tried repeatedly.

Re: Update "in progress"
35 updates? Windows version? Are you updating via Automatic Updates or
Windows Update website?

wess wrote:
> I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that
> they
> are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> error message and have tried repeatedly.

paul

RE: Update "in progress"

"wess" wrote:

> I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> error message and have tried repeatedly.

Scott

RE: Update "in progress"
I am having a simular problem. I am running Windows XP home and today my
computer down loaded 18 updates and when it gets to update 13 it just stalls
out. No error it just keep saying the computer will shut down when the
updates have been installed. What do I do?

"paul" wrote:

> "wess" wrote:
>
> > I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> > are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> > error message and have tried repeatedly.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Update "in progress"
Scott wrote:

> I am having a simular problem.

Perhaps you need to tweak your simulation? :-)

> I am running Windows XP home and today my
> computer down loaded 18 updates and when it gets to update 13 it just stalls
> out. No error it just keep saying the computer will shut down when the
> updates have been installed. What do I do?

I'd wait at least an hour or two before deciding that it's really gotten stuck,
it might just be taking a long time. At that point really all you can do is
turn the machine off and cross your fingers.

Assuming the machine boots successfully, try installing just one update at a
time. That might resolve the problem, and if it doesn't, at least you'll know
which update is stuck.

Harry.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Update "in progress"
Hello Scott,

Harry Johnston gave you very good advice. I'd just like to add that........

This will probably not be your solution but it is easy and can't hurt to try.

Dial-a-Fix

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=024b5 631-eeff-4e95-9d4a-49849a06e919&mid=024b5631-eeff-4e95-9d4a-49849a06e919>

Reboot

Try to install your updates.
-=-

or

Try this solution at <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>

Reboot

Now try to install your updates.

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Scott" wrote:

> I am having a simular problem. I am running Windows XP home and today my
> computer down loaded 18 updates and when it gets to update 13 it just stalls
> out. No error it just keep saying the computer will shut down when the
> updates have been installed. What do I do?
>
> "paul" wrote:
>

> > "wess" wrote:
> >
> > > I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> > > are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> > > error message and have tried repeatedly.

wess

RE: Update "in progress"
Thank you and I am clearly a nubie here...I am running Vista SP1 and the
updates are via the automatic daily update route

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; WinXP SP3)
> when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> "wess" wrote:
>
> > I have 35 updates that won't download properly; the window pops up that they
> > are in progress but no movement after an extended period of time. I get no
> > error message and have tried repeatedly.

wess

Re: Update "in progress"
Have been using the Automatic Update route....many thx