Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly

AndyB

Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
I have just wiped my hard drive and installed a fresh version of XP,
Kaspersky internet security and then run windows update numerous times. Have
had hours downloading and installing updated one fails repeatedly with error
0x800F0102. How do I get this update to install?

Re: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup.

Is KB956572 the only update which fails to install?

0x800F0102 - Wait-Timeout
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element. This
can be a publishing issue.

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

AndyB wrote:
> I have just wiped my hard drive and installed a fresh version of XP,
> Kaspersky internet security and then run windows update numerous times.
> Have had hours downloading and installing updated one fails repeatedly
> with
> error 0x800F0102. How do I get this update to install?

Linda D

Re: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
My full Windows version is WinXP SP3. Sorry I am new to this format. KB956572
is the first one to fail. I also went to the Microsoft Update and it won't
even show me any updates. The graph just keeps scrolling and scrolling. It
was fine yesrerday
--
Linda D

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
> this newsgroup.
>
> Is KB956572 the only update which fails to install?
>
> 0x800F0102 - Wait-Timeout
> There is no driver selected for the device information set or element. This
> can be a publishing issue.

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>

> AndyB wrote:
> > I have just wiped my hard drive and installed a fresh version of XP,
> > Kaspersky internet security and then run windows update numerous times.
> > Have had hours downloading and installing updated one fails repeatedly
> > with
> > error 0x800F0102. How do I get this update to install?

Re: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
Repost:

Linda D wrote:
> My full Windows version is WinXP SP3. Sorry I am new to this format.
> KB956572 is the first one to fail. I also went to the Microsoft Update and
> it won't even show me any updates. The graph just keeps scrolling and
> scrolling. It was fine yesrerday
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
>> this newsgroup.
>>
>> Is KB956572 the only update which fails to install?
>>
>> 0x800F0102 - Wait-Timeout
>> There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
>> This
>> can be a publishing issue.

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB956572).
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>>

>> AndyB wrote:
>>> I have just wiped my hard drive and installed a fresh version of XP,
>>> Kaspersky internet security and then run windows update numerous times.
>>> Have had hours downloading and installing updated one fails repeatedly
>>> with
>>> error 0x800F0102. How do I get this update to install?

blackwood

RE: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
I'm also running XP Pro SP3 having the same problem - KB956572 installation
has failed 10 times since April 19 with Automatic Updates and I'm now having
the same problem with Windows Update website - it will not show me any
updates. I'm running excellent updated security software.

"AndyB" wrote:

> I have just wiped my hard drive and installed a fresh version of XP,
> Kaspersky internet security and then run windows update numerous times. Have
> had hours downloading and installing updated one fails repeatedly with error
> 0x800F0102. How do I get this update to install?

Ottmar Freudenberger

See if http://google.com/groups?selm=7529mf...individual.net helps.

> and I'm now having
> the same problem with Windows Update website - it will not show me any
> updates. I'm running excellent updated security software.

This may very likely be caused by the mysterious "excellent updated security
software" you're running on your machine.

Bye,
Freudi
blackwood

RE: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
Thanks, but probably not caused by any security software conflict because I
routinely disable security software for all software and update installations.

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "blackwood" wrote:
>
> > I'm also running XP Pro SP3 having the same problem - KB956572 installation
> > has failed 10 times since April 19 with Automatic Updates

> See if http://google.com/groups?selm=7529mf...individual.net helps.
>
> > and I'm now having
> > the same problem with Windows Update website - it will not show me any
> > updates. I'm running excellent updated security software.

> This may very likely be caused by the mysterious "excellent updated security
> software" you're running on your machine.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
See below and inline

"blackwood" wrote:
> "Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:
> > "blackwood" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm also running XP Pro SP3 having the same problem - KB956572 installation
> > > has failed 10 times since April 19 with Automatic Updates

> > See if http://google.com/groups?selm=7529mf...individual.net helps.

Did it help - after you've tried to follow the instructions in there of
course...

> > > and I'm now having
> > > the same problem with Windows Update website - it will not show me any
> > > updates. I'm running excellent updated security software.

> > This may very likely be caused by the mysterious "excellent updated security
> > software" you're running on your machine.

> Thanks, but probably not caused by any security software conflict because I
> routinely disable security software for all software and update installations.

"Sometimes" it's not enough to disable any (would you mind to mention which
one(s) exactly?) security software, cause some of them are still running in
the background (services, app helpers, etc.pp.).

Bye,
Freudi
AndyB

Re: Security update KB956572 failed repeatedly
My windows version is XP SP3. I have followed your advice and started an
update support incident for help. I'll wait and see what this recommends.