KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade

Frustrated

KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade
I see that several folks are having this same problem. I tried one of the
solutions offered in another post, but it did not work for me. I am using XP
Pro and SP-3. My download history shows that this update has been
successfully downloaded 8 times, but I continue to be notified of the same
available update. Help! I'm truly frustrated
--
unsigned
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade
"Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

>I see that several folks are having this same problem. I tried one of the
> solutions offered in another post, but it did not work for me.

Which ones from which posting?

> I am using XP Pro and SP-3.

Did you try downloading the update and executing it with parameter "/o"?
See http://google.com/groups?selm=7529mf...individual.net for
details.

Bye,
Freudi

Re: KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Frustrated wrote:
> I see that several folks are having this same problem. I tried one of the
> solutions offered in another post, but it did not work for me. I am using
> XP Pro and SP-3. My download history shows that this update has been
> successfully downloaded 8 times, but I continue to be notified of the same
> available update. Help! I'm truly frustrated

Jerry K

RE: KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade
I have been getting notified of the "IE 7 Cumulative Security Update" and
automatically and rebooted every day and night for about 2 weeks now. I'm
not sure if this is a bug/virus or if the download is coming down in pieces.
It is quite annoying.

"Frustrated" wrote:

> I see that several folks are having this same problem. I tried one of the
> solutions offered in another post, but it did not work for me. I am using XP
> Pro and SP-3. My download history shows that this update has been
> successfully downloaded 8 times, but I continue to be notified of the same
> available update. Help! I'm truly frustrated
> --
> unsigned

Re: KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade
Why are you posted a "Me, too" reply to this thread id your issue if not
KB956572 being repeatedly offered?

PS: The IE7 update (KB963027) was only released a week ago (14 Apr-09).

"Jerry K" wrote:

> I have been getting notified of the "IE 7 Cumulative Security Update" and
> automatically and rebooted every day and night for about 2 weeks now.

One thread per each topic please. I can't find your problem with installing
KB963027 (MS09-014) by any means related to problems with KB956572 beeing
reoffered.

Please start your own thread in which you please state your exact Windows
version (plus Service Pack version installed).

Bye,
Freudi

Re: KB956572 - Repeated offers to upgrade
TYPOS