Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus

Paul T, Houston Texas

Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
Please help...
running XP Pro.. my great Norton did not block the anykuy.com virus from
atacking my computer. The visus shut down firewalls and windows update
program. I have killed the virus but when rumming updater it freezes and I
have to shut down the computer. I can access the internet but am unable to
run any kind of update of files.

Can I reload windows update program from some safe source?
any ideas? keep in mind I can not access any update program form that
computer however I have access to another computer that I could download
something onto a usb memory stick and transfer to the sick computer.

THANK YOU
MowGreen

Re: Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
Until you can ascertain that the system is free of malware, then trying
to repair it's updating components is a waste of time.
Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum to ensure
the system is clean -

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Paul T wrote:

> Please help...
> running XP Pro.. my great Norton did not block the anykuy.com virus from
> atacking my computer. The visus shut down firewalls and windows update
> program. I have killed the virus but when rumming updater it freezes and I
> have to shut down the computer. I can access the internet but am unable to
> run any kind of update of files.
>
> Can I reload windows update program from some safe source?
> any ideas? keep in mind I can not access any update program form that
> computer however I have access to another computer that I could download
> something onto a usb memory stick and transfer to the sick computer.
>
> THANK YOU

Paul T, Houston Texas

Re: Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
Thank you for your help.
i have downloaded several programs to do just that and it took some work but
I think I got the bad stuff out. At least the last several sacns from
multiple tools have not come up with any problems.

That visus (www.anykuy.com) would hijack IE and prevent it form accessiing
microsoft updates - so that is where I am now ....any time I click on
Microsoft Update it freezes and won'y close or do anything. I have to power
down and restart to get IE to work - it will work just as long as it doesn't
go out and look for MS Updates.

any ideas?

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Until you can ascertain that the system is free of malware, then trying
> to repair it's updating components is a waste of time.
> Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum to ensure
> the system is clean -
>
> http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
> http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
> http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
> http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
> http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
>
> *Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Paul T wrote:
>
> > Please help...
> > running XP Pro.. my great Norton did not block the anykuy.com virus from
> > atacking my computer. The visus shut down firewalls and windows update
> > program. I have killed the virus but when rumming updater it freezes and I
> > have to shut down the computer. I can access the internet but am unable to
> > run any kind of update of files.
> >
> > Can I reload windows update program from some safe source?
> > any ideas? keep in mind I can not access any update program form that
> > computer however I have access to another computer that I could download
> > something onto a usb memory stick and transfer to the sick computer.
> >
> > THANK YOU

MowGreen

Re: Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
You're mowst welcome. Which programs, Paul ?

Can IE access this site ? -

If yes, then have it scan the system. That scanner *usually* resolves
issues when malware 'interferes' with the updating process.

If the answer is no, then please reread my previous post and visit one
of the reputable anti-malware forums. Unfortunately, 'anykuy' usually is
not the *only* malware that is resident when it's found on a system.
It tends to be just one component of a malware 'package'.

MowGreen
==============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Paul T wrote:

> Thank you for your help.
> i have downloaded several programs to do just that and it took some work but
> I think I got the bad stuff out. At least the last several sacns from
> multiple tools have not come up with any problems.
>
> That visus (www.anykuy.com) would hijack IE and prevent it form accessiing
> microsoft updates - so that is where I am now ....any time I click on
> Microsoft Update it freezes and won'y close or do anything. I have to power
> down and restart to get IE to work - it will work just as long as it doesn't
> go out and look for MS Updates.
>
> any ideas?
>

> "MowGreen" wrote:
>

>>Until you can ascertain that the system is free of malware, then trying
>>to repair it's updating components is a waste of time.
>>Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum to ensure
>>the system is clean -
>>
>>http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
>>http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
>>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
>>http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
>>http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
>>http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
>>http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
>>http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
>>http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
>>
>>*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.
>>

>>MowGreen
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>Paul T wrote:
>>

>>>Please help...
>>>running XP Pro.. my great Norton did not block the anykuy.com virus from
>>>atacking my computer. The visus shut down firewalls and windows update
>>>program. I have killed the virus but when rumming updater it freezes and I
>>>have to shut down the computer. I can access the internet but am unable to
>>>run any kind of update of files.
>>>
>>>Can I reload windows update program from some safe source?
>>>any ideas? keep in mind I can not access any update program form that
>>>computer however I have access to another computer that I could download
>>>something onto a usb memory stick and transfer to the sick computer.
>>>
>>>THANK YOU

Paul T, Houston Texas

Re: Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
Thank you once again...
yes I have One care and it scan and says nothing is found. I have
Malwareanti something and it soo says the same thing. I have windows defender
and it now shows clear. In addition to the junky Norton systems.

I did a scan with Balarc and found several updates that were missing so I
downloaded them onto a memory stick from another computer and then loaded
them onto the trouble computer ...

here again they loaded but when shutting down it hangs for hours (until I
force shut down) it says "do not shut off or unplug the battery as system
downloads are updating" or something like that...

windows updater just hangs as well...

do you happen to have a really big sledgehammer?

"MowGreen" wrote:

> You're mowst welcome. Which programs, Paul ?
>
> Can IE access this site ? -
>
> If yes, then have it scan the system. That scanner *usually* resolves
> issues when malware 'interferes' with the updating process.
>
> If the answer is no, then please reread my previous post and visit one
> of the reputable anti-malware forums. Unfortunately, 'anykuy' usually is
> not the *only* malware that is resident when it's found on a system.
> It tends to be just one component of a malware 'package'.
>

> MowGreen
> ==============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Paul T wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your help.
> > i have downloaded several programs to do just that and it took some work but
> > I think I got the bad stuff out. At least the last several sacns from
> > multiple tools have not come up with any problems.
> >
> > That visus (www.anykuy.com) would hijack IE and prevent it form accessiing
> > microsoft updates - so that is where I am now ....any time I click on
> > Microsoft Update it freezes and won'y close or do anything. I have to power
> > down and restart to get IE to work - it will work just as long as it doesn't
> > go out and look for MS Updates.
> >
> > any ideas?
> >

> > "MowGreen" wrote:
> >

> >>Until you can ascertain that the system is free of malware, then trying
> >>to repair it's updating components is a waste of time.
> >>Suggest you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum to ensure
> >>the system is clean -
> >>
> >>http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
> >>http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> >>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> >>http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
> >>http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
> >>http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
> >>http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
> >>http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
> >>http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
> >>
> >>*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.
> >>

> >>MowGreen
> >>===============
> >> *-343-* FDNY
> >>Never Forgotten
> >>===============

MowGreen

Re: Update freezes -as I recover from anykuy.com virus
1) What Service Pack level is XP Pro now at ?
2) Which security programs were installed when the system became infected ?

IMHO, once an OS becomes infected then any installed security software
can no longer be Trusted. It may have been compromised by the malware
and may no longer be functioning properly. In fact, one should format
and reinstall an OS that has been seriously compromised.
Installing updates to it is like putting a band aid on skin cancer ...
it will hide the cancer but it will *not* stop it's growth.

Please supply a list of what the programs you've used in the attempt to
clean the system and what they *specifically* detected.
We can get updating repaired but, as I've mentioned previously, if the
system is not clean then it's a waste of time.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten