Failed KB 963027

Oliver is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Failed KB 963027
Hi all,

when trying to install the Update KB 963027 on my Vista Business x64 SP1 (german), the download via Windows Update ends after 11% and the update fails with a code 8E5E03FB.

Since I usually can install updates using that way, I do not assume a general problem with Windows Update.

So I tried to install the update by manually downloading it from Downloaddetails: Kumulatives Sicherheitsupdate für Internet Explorer 7 unter Windows Vista x64-Systemen (KB963027)

and then installing it - without any success:

Installation is being initialized - Done!
Security update for windows (KB 963027) is being installed - Failed!

My IE version is 7.0.6001.18000

I would appreciate any help from your side.

Thanks and best regards
Oliver

Re: Failed KB 963027

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB963027).

LOOK!!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue"
(which is 47830).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.

PS: There's a very good chance that a hijackware infection is causing this.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Oliver wrote:
> when trying to install the Update KB 963027 on my Vista Business x64
> SP1 (german), the download via Windows Update ends after 11% and the
> update fails with a code 8E5E03FB.
>
> Since I usually can install updates using that way, I do not assume a
> general problem with Windows Update.
>
> So I tried to install the update by manually downloading it from
> 'Downloaddetails: Kumulatives Sicherheitsupdate für Internet Explorer 7
> unter Windows Vista x64-Systemen (KB963027)' (http://tinyurl.com/cpsgo4)
>
> and then installing it - without any success:
>
> -Installation is being initialized - Done!-
> -Security update for windows (KB 963027) is being installed - Failed!-
>
> My IE version is 7.0.6001.18000
>
> I would appreciate any help from your side.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Oliver

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Failed KB 963027

"Oliver" <Oliver.3qvu0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:Oliver.3qvu0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi all,
>
> when trying to install the Update KB 963027 on my Vista Business x64
> SP1 (german), the download via Windows Update ends after 11% and the
> update fails with a code 8E5E03FB.
>
> Since I usually can install updates using that way, I do not assume a
> general problem with Windows Update.
>
> So I tried to install the update by manually downloading it from
> 'Downloaddetails: Kumulatives Sicherheitsupdate fr Internet Explorer 7
> unter Windows Vista x64-Systemen (KB963027)' (http://tinyurl.com/cpsgo4)
>
> and then installing it - without any success:
>
> -Installation is being initialized - Done!-
> -Security update for windows (KB 963027) is being installed - Failed!-

Care to share the context for that code in your install log?
Since you are doing it manually you may find that you could
use a /verbose command line switch to supplement your messages.
On top of that you could also Run... ProcMon to see what
the context of the messages has in terms of other file and registry
accesses.

> My IE version is 7.0.6001.18000
>
> I would appreciate any help from your side.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Oliver
>

> --
> Oliver