windows update web site

pupe58

windows update web site
No matter how i try i cannot access windows update web site
TaurArian

Re: windows update web site
pupe58 wrote:
:: No matter how i try i cannot access windows update web site

Care to provide any further information?

We need to know the error codes if any, what operating system you're using
including SP level etc.

If you're using Vista you can't access the website anyway.

So it's important to provide all the information and not just a statement.

Thank you.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

pupe58

Re: windows update web site
i am running xp home sp3 when i try access update it send to this web page .
Use your Start menu to check for updates

Windows Update is now included in Control Panel. In the future, to check for
updates (or if this webpage doesn’t open Windows Update automatically):

Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
this will not work for my sys.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> pupe58 wrote:
> :: No matter how i try i cannot access windows update web site
>

> Care to provide any further information?
>
> We need to know the error codes if any, what operating system you're using
> including SP level etc.
>
> If you're using Vista you can't access the website anyway.
>
> So it's important to provide all the information and not just a statement.
>
> Thank you.
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

Re: windows update web site
How awful for you

pupe58 wrote:
> No matter how i try i cannot access windows update web site

Re: windows update web site
Is this a sudden, new problem?

Is Automatic Updates enabled?

Did you recently install SP3 and/or IE7 and/or IE8?

Did you recently have occasion to reinstall Windows?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is this a sudden, new problem? " NO"
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled? "yes"
>
> Did you recently install SP3 and/or IE7 and/or IE8? "NO"
>
> Did you recently have occasion to reinstall Windows? "NO"

> What third-party firewall (if any)? "AVAST" "YES" SPYWARE DOCTOR"

> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? "NO"
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> pupe58 wrote:
> > i am running xp home sp3 when i try access update it send to this web page
> > .
> > Use your Start menu to check for updates
> >
> > Windows Update is now included in Control Panel. In the future, to check
> > for
> > updates (or if this webpage doesn’t open Windows Update automatically):
> >
> > Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows
> > Update.
> > this will not work for my sys.

> >> Care to provide any further information?
> >>
> >> We need to know the error codes if any, what operating system you're
> >> using
> >> including SP level etc.
> >>
> >> If you're using Vista you can't access the website anyway.
> >>
> >> So it's important to provide all the information and not just a
> >> statement.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> >> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

TaurArian

Re: windows update web site

At a guess, the windows update site thinks your computer is a Vista
computer -
Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates
from our site." (disregard title) but it may help.
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/

"This means that your system is sending an incorrect data (about the
Operating System) to the Microsoft Windows Update server."

pupe58 wrote:
:: i am running xp home sp3 when i try access update it send to this
:: web page . Use your Start menu to check for updates
::
:: Windows Update is now included in Control Panel. In the future, to
:: check for updates (or if this webpage doesn't open Windows Update
:: automatically):
::
:: Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows
:: Update. this will not work for my sys.
::
::
::
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: pupe58 wrote:
::::: No matter how i try i cannot access windows update web site
:::
:::
::: Care to provide any further information?
:::
::: We need to know the error codes if any, what operating system
::: you're using including SP level etc.
:::
::: If you're using Vista you can't access the website anyway.
:::
::: So it's important to provide all the information and not just a
::: statement.
:::
::: Thank you.
::: --
:::
::: ======================================
::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
::: warranties
::: or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

Re: windows update web site
(Please avoid inline replies. Thanks.)

How long have you had this problem? Did it start after you'd installed
WinXP SP3?

When did you install Avast? What anti-virus application, if any, was
installed before you installed Avast?

When and why did you install SpywareDoctor? Have you purchased it?

Is a third-party firewall installed (e.g., ZoneAlarm; Comodo; Online Armor)
or is the Windows Firewall enabled?
--
~PA Bear

pupe58 wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Is this a sudden, new problem? " NO"
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled? "yes"
>>
>> Did you recently install SP3 and/or IE7 and/or IE8? "NO"
>>
>> Did you recently have occasion to reinstall Windows? "NO"

>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? "AVAST" "YES" SPYWARE
>> DOCTOR"
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> "NO"
>>
>> pupe58 wrote:
>>> i am running xp home sp3 when i try access update it send to this web
>>> page
>>> .
>>> Use your Start menu to check for updates
>>>
>>> Windows Update is now included in Control Panel. In the future, to check
>>> for
>>> updates (or if this webpage doesn’t open Windows Update automatically):
>>>
>>> Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows
>>> Update.
>>> this will not work for my sys.

pupe58

Re: windows update web site

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> (Please avoid inline replies. Thanks.)
>
> How long have you had this problem? Did it start after you'd installed
> WinXP SP3? "NO"
>
> When did you install Avast? What anti-virus application, if any, was
> installed before you installed Avast? "I HAD AVAST FO YEARS"
>
> When and why did you install SpywareDoctor? Have you purchased it?"YES"
>
> Is a third-party firewall installed (e.g., ZoneAlarm; Comodo; Online Armor)
> or is the Windows Firewall enabled?" WINDOWS FIREWALL"
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> pupe58 wrote:
> > PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> >> Is this a sudden, new problem? " NO"
> >>
> >> Is Automatic Updates enabled? "yes"
> >>
> >> Did you recently install SP3 and/or IE7 and/or IE8? "NO"
> >>
> >> Did you recently have occasion to reinstall Windows? "NO"
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> >> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
> >> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? "AVAST" "YES" SPYWARE
> >> DOCTOR"
> >>
> >> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> >> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?

Re: windows update web site
Please avoid blank replies, too.