Internet Explorer 8 for xp

smiles_ny

Internet Explorer 8 for xp
It says you need 64 MB Ram and 150 MB disk space,,,i dont know computer lingo
so tell me ,,i looked up and it says i have 37.2 GB space with 21.4 GB free
space so is that enough to download IE 8 on my XP ? Will look here tomorrw in
hopes of some replies ,thanks !
dgmacmi

Re: Internet Explorer 8 for xp

"smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It says you need 64 MB Ram and 150 MB disk space,,,i dont know computer
> lingo
> so tell me ,,i looked up and it says i have 37.2 GB space with 21.4 GB
> free
> space so is that enough to download IE 8 on my XP ? Will look here tomorrw
> in
> hopes of some replies ,thanks !

The "64 MB Ram " is the minimum installed memory for IE 8. Typically you
need more installed memory than Microsoft states as the minimum. For Windows
XP you should 1 or 2 GB of installed memory. From the Start menu right click
on My Computer and select Properties. The system information will give you
your instlled menory.

The "150 MB disk space" is the amount of unused space you need on your hard
drive to install IE 8. You have 21.4 GB {21400 MB} of unused disk space.

Don

Re: Internet Explorer 8 for xp
You should be fine.

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
install it.

Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader: