Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
andrea dal farra
 

Posts: n/a
kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream
Hello to all,

did anyone noticed problem with the kb956572 update and filestream on
SQL 2008 (without SP1)?
we have upgraded a windows 2003 SP2 with an instance of SQL 2008 and
with the update kb956572 we get the following errors on the activation
of a database with filestream enabled:

STREAMFCB::Startup: Operating system error 0x80070005(Access is
denied.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxFileStre amData'. Diagnose
and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation

FCB::Startup () failed: Could not open file D:\Microsoft SQL Server
\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxxxxFileStreamD ata for file number
65537. OS error: 0x80070005(Access is denied.).

A file activation error occurred. The physical file name 'D:\Microsoft
SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxFileStre amData' may be
incorrect. Diagnose and correct additional errors, and retry the
operation.

Some logging with procmon does not reveal anything supicious
(the directory is opened without errors).
since the update changes the way the impersonification is made for
some accounts (as far i understand) I've been thinking on changing the
account of msssqlserver service (currently is NT AUTHORITY
\NetworkService - the default from the setup).
Is a viable workaround?


thanks


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
Susan Bradley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream
andrea dal farra wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> did anyone noticed problem with the kb956572 update and filestream on
> SQL 2008 (without SP1)?
> we have upgraded a windows 2003 SP2 with an instance of SQL 2008 and
> with the update kb956572 we get the following errors on the activation
> of a database with filestream enabled:
>
> STREAMFCB::Startup: Operating system error 0x80070005(Access is
> denied.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxFileStre amData'. Diagnose
> and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation
>
> FCB::Startup () failed: Could not open file D:\Microsoft SQL Server
> \MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxxxxFileStreamD ata for file number
> 65537. OS error: 0x80070005(Access is denied.).
>
> A file activation error occurred. The physical file name 'D:\Microsoft
> SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\xxxxFileStre amData' may be
> incorrect. Diagnose and correct additional errors, and retry the
> operation.
>
> Some logging with procmon does not reveal anything supicious
> (the directory is opened without errors).
> since the update changes the way the impersonification is made for
> some accounts (as far i understand) I've been thinking on changing the
> account of msssqlserver service (currently is NT AUTHORITY
> \NetworkService - the default from the setup).
> Is a viable workaround?
>
>
> thanks
>
>

See that reported. Some have recommended changing to a true domain
account rather than network service.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2009
andrea dal farra
 

Posts: n/a
Re: kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream
On Apr 17, 7:58 pm, Susan Bradley <sbrad...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>
> See that reported. Some have recommended changing to a true domain
> account rather than network service.


On a test machine switching to local service works fine.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2009
disgruntled
 

Posts: n/a
Re: kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream
I uninstalled the kb and it fixed it

"andrea dal farra" wrote:

> On Apr 17, 7:58 pm, Susan Bradley <sbrad...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >
> > See that reported. Some have recommended changing to a true domain
> > account rather than network service.

>
> On a test machine switching to local service works fine.
>
> thanks
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2009
Susan Bradley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: kb956572 and sql 2008 filestream
disgruntled wrote:
> I uninstalled the kb and it fixed it
>
> "andrea dal farra" wrote:
>
>> On Apr 17, 7:58 pm, Susan Bradley <sbrad...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> See that reported. Some have recommended changing to a true domain
>>> account rather than network service.

>> On a test machine switching to local service works fine.
>>
>> thanks
>>

Uninstalling is not the answer. You still need the patch.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Security Update KB956572 Mike Forshaw microsoft.public.windowsupdate 13 10-06-2009 22:55
KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install Bandit microsoft.public.windowsupdate 16 05-14-2009 22:12
KB956572 fails to install on SBS 2003 server David Sherman microsoft.public.windowsupdate 40 04-30-2009 21:59
Windows XP SP3 and kb956572 Jonathan Brown microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 04-17-2009 16:45
kb956572 issue richard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 04-17-2009 10:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:35.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120