KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install

Bandit

KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
whats the deal with this new update? KB956572 using XP pro Sp3 & home on
other pc & this updates installs ok & prompts me to install again & again.
what ths fix for this, i had to disable automatic updates for the time
being.
Plz help this is annoying

thanks

Ǝиçεl

RE: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
Hello Bandit,

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.

Let us know what hªppens.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Bandit" wrote:

> whats the deal with this new update? KB956572 using XP pro Sp3 & home on
> other pc & this updates installs ok & prompts me to install again & again.
> what ths fix for this, i had to disable automatic updates for the time
> being.
> Plz help this is annoying
>
> thanks

Bandit

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
thanks i did it they will notify by email didnt see # there just email
support

thanks

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Bandit,

> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> through
> your usual support contacts.
>

> Let us know what hppens.
>

> ???l
> -=-
>

> "Bandit" wrote:
>
>> whats the deal with this new update? KB956572 using XP pro Sp3 & home on
>> other pc & this updates installs ok & prompts me to install again &
>> again.
>> what ths fix for this, i had to disable automatic updates for the time
>> being.
>> Plz help this is annoying
>>
>> thanks

Bandit

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
OK i got fix this what tech told me to do & worked:

EGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
net stop WuAuServ (if say already stopped its ok)
ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
net start WuAuServ

do that & reboot pc should stop the prompt to install again

"Bandit" <nomore@spam> wrote in message
> thanks i did it they will notify by email didnt see # there just email
> support
>
> thanks
>
> "???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Bandit,

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related
>> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>>

>> Let us know what hppens.
>>

>> ???l
>> -=-
>>

>> "Bandit" wrote:
>>
>>> whats the deal with this new update? KB956572 using XP pro Sp3 & home on
>>> other pc & this updates installs ok & prompts me to install again &
>>> again.
>>> what ths fix for this, i had to disable automatic updates for the time
>>> being.
>>> Plz help this is annoying
>>>
>>> thanks

Bandit

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
make sure you click start run thenb type CMD you see a cmd window then type
in cmd window ...

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
net stop WuAuServ
ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
net start WuAuServ

u can delete the SDold in windows folder if works for you

And if you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, is KB956572 offered?

Bandit wrote:
> OK i got fix this what tech told me to do & worked:
>
> EGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
> net stop WuAuServ (if say already stopped its ok)
> ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
> net start WuAuServ
>
> do that & reboot pc should stop the prompt to install again
>

> "Bandit" <nomore@spam> wrote in message
>> thanks i did it they will notify by email didnt see # there just email
>> support
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> "???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello Bandit,
>>>
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>> in
>>> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
>>> with
>>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>>> related
>>> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956572).
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>>
>>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary
>>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>>
>>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>>> through
>>> your usual support contacts.
>>>

>>> Let us know what hppens.
>>>

>>> ???l
>>> -=-

Bandit

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
PA BEAR YIKES,

its back support didnt work.. what the deal with this?, i ran it & came back
& turned auto updates off again.

> And if you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, is KB956572 offered?
>
> Bandit wrote:
>> OK i got fix this what tech told me to do & worked:
>>
>> EGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
>> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
>> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>> net stop WuAuServ (if say already stopped its ok)
>> ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
>> net start WuAuServ
>>
>> do that & reboot pc should stop the prompt to install again
>>

>> "Bandit" <nomore@spam> wrote in message
>>> thanks i did it they will notify by email didnt see # there just email
>>> support
>>>
>>> thanks

Bandit

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
Ok i remotly connected remotly with pc safety, only fix is to hide the
update apparenty there is a bug in this update according to them. i assume
there be new update to fix this one. they reported it to the develepers so
all reading this hide the update then it wont appear.
this was a pain but now i dont get prompt to install it now

> PA BEAR YIKES,
>
> its back support didnt work.. what the deal with this?, i ran it & came
> back & turned auto updates off again.

>> And if you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, is KB956572 offered?
>>
>> Bandit wrote:
>>> OK i got fix this what tech told me to do & worked:
>>>
>>> EGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>>> net stop WuAuServ (if say already stopped its ok)
>>> ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
>>> net start WuAuServ
>>>
>>> do that & reboot pc should stop the prompt to install again

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
I thought so.

link. Update History should show repeated failures for KB956572 along with
one or more error codes (hopefully). What error code(s) is/are shown?

Alternately, reopen your Support Incident (maybe call this time?) and tell
the tech what happened after you'd followed their instructions.

Bandit wrote:
> PA BEAR YIKES,
>
> its back support didnt work.. what the deal with this?, i ran it & came
> back
> & turned auto updates off again.
>
>> And if you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, is KB956572 offered?
>>
>> Bandit wrote:
>>> OK i got fix this what tech told me to do & worked:
>>>
>>> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
>>> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
>>> net stop WuAuServ (if say already stopped its ok)
>>> ren C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SDold
>>> net start WuAuServ
>>>
>>> do that & reboot pc should stop the prompt to install again

Re: KB956572 installed ok & keeps promting to install
If "Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)" is listed in Add/Remove
Programs, don't worry about it: Hiding it was what you needed to do.

If it's not listed, open a new Support Incident.