Auto Update Backup

Jewel

Auto Update Backup
Hello, I am Jewel. I use Windows XP Professional SP2 and regular update by
windows xp auto update feature and it works fine. But If I reinstall windows
xp ,the updates are delete so that I need the backup of those updates that I
can use after reinstall of windows xp. Please help me.
TaurArian

Re: Auto Update Backup
Jewel wrote:
:: Hello, I am Jewel. I use Windows XP Professional SP2 and regular
:: update by windows xp auto update feature and it works fine. But If I
:: reinstall windows xp ,the updates are delete so that I need the
:: backup of those updates that I can use after reinstall of windows
:: xp. Please help me.

You can download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be
installed later.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog or from
the Microsoft Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: Auto Update Backup
HOW TO get WinXP SP1 or SP2 fully patched after a "clean install"
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

HOW TO get WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched after a "clean
install"
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Jewel wrote:
> :: Hello, I am Jewel. I use Windows XP Professional SP2 and regular
> :: update by windows xp auto update feature and it works fine. But If I
> :: reinstall windows xp ,the updates are delete so that I need the
> :: backup of those updates that I can use after reinstall of windows
> :: xp. Please help me.
>

> You can download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be
> installed later.
> http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
>
> How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog or from
> the Microsoft Update Catalog
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> Thanks for your reply. I know this process that you said. But I already download the updates of XP by automatic update and I need to backup of those updates that helps me to use later if I reinstall my windows XP.

TaurArian

Re: Auto Update Backup
Jewel wrote:
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: Jewel wrote:
::::: Hello, I am Jewel. I use Windows XP Professional SP2 and regular
::::: update by windows xp auto update feature and it works fine. But
::::: If I reinstall windows xp ,the updates are delete so that I need
::::: the backup of those updates that I can use after reinstall of
::::: windows xp. Please help me.
:::
:::
:::
::: You can download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be
::: installed later.
::: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
:::
::: How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog
::: or from
::: the Microsoft Update Catalog
::: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166
:::
:::
::: --
:::
::
:::
:::
:::
:::
::: Thanks for your reply. I know this process that you said. But I
::: already download the updates of XP by automatic update and I need
::: to backup of those updates that helps me to use later if I
::: reinstall my windows XP.

You can't reuse the updates that have downloaded automatically. The only way
you can save the updates on a regular basis is to manually download, save
and install. Keeping in mind that some updates are replaced etc.
..