Re: error 80070490

JC

Re: error 80070490
I tried what MS support suggests: in place upgrade. This failed also after a
very long process of trying to do the upgrade.

"frustration" wrote:

> [...]
> > > quotes) and press Enter.
> > > 5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad
> > > window:
> > > @echo off
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
> > > subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
> > > subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
> > > subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
> > > @Echo =========================
> > > @Echo Finished.
> > > @Echo =========================
> > > @pause
> > > 6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose
> > > Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file
> > > name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
> > > 7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, then choose "Run
> > > as administrator."
> > > 8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.
> > > NOTE: It may take several minutes, please be patient. When it is finished,
> > > you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".
> > > Step 2: Reinstall Windows Update Agent 3.0
> > > ===========================
> > > 1. Please download the file from the following link:
> > > Windows Vista (32bit)
> > > http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x86.exe
> > > Windows Vista (64bit)
> > > http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x64.exe
> > > 2. Save the file to D: drive.
> > > Note: Please select a drive where Windows Vista was not loaded because the
> > > file cannot be launched directly from the system root directory.
> > > 3. Click Start->Run, type: "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce"
> > > (without quotations) and then press Enter to install the Windows Update
> > > engine.
> > > Note: There is a space between "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe" and
> > > "/wuforce"
> > > Now, let's run Windows Update again.

> > It did not resolve the issue for the OP, so MS then recommended :
> >
> > > It failed for me too. Microsoft then suggested performing an in-place Vista
> > > upgrade, which did indeed fix the problem.
> > >
> > > 1. With Windows Vista running, insert the Windows Vista CD/DVD.
> > > 2. Run Setup.
> > > 3. When prompted, select Upgrade.
> > > 4. The process takes a LONG time.

> > HTH,
> > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> > ===============
> > *-343-* FDNY
> > Never Forgotten
> > ===============
> >

> > gene7851 wrote:
> >
> > > trying to install security update KB925902. Continuously fails error code
> > > 80070490 which is not listed. How do I complete installation or should I

Re: error 80070490
Wipe & reload.

JC wrote:
> I tried what MS support suggests: in place upgrade. This failed also
> after
> a very long process of trying to do the upgrade.
>

> "frustration" wrote:
>
>> The real questions are WHY this happens and WHY it can't be found on the
>> msn site itself.
>> I had to google to find this article.
>>
>> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> A poster in this newsgroup received this information from MS in regards
>>> to the 80070490 error code:

>>> It did not resolve the issue for the OP, so MS then recommended :

>>> HTH,
>>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
>>> ===============
>>> *-343-* FDNY
>>> Never Forgotten
>>> ===============

TaurArian

Re: error 80070490
0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND
Corrupted System File; Need to perform an in-place upgrade or reinstall of
the OS.

I agree with PA Bear, wipe and reload.

JC wrote:
:: I tried what MS support suggests: in place upgrade. This failed
:: also after a very long process of trying to do the upgrade.
::
::
::
:: "frustration" wrote:
::
::: The real questions are WHY this happens and WHY it can't be found
::: on the msn site itself.
::: I had to google to find this article.
:::
::: "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
:::
:::: A poster in this newsgroup received this information from MS in
:::: regards to the 80070490 error code:
::::
::::: Here's the message I received from Microsoft support:
:::::
[...]
:::: *-343-* FDNY
:::: Never Forgotten
::::