Svchost.exe-Application Error The memory could not be written?

Dnunz

Svchost.exe-Application Error The memory could not be written?
After my windows update this evening, this same error message has popped up:
svchost.exe-application error. 0x7c85e3cb referenced memory at 0x7c85e3cb.
The memory could not be "written." Click ok to terminate the program or click
on Cancel to debug.
I have tried both and nothing works. I have rebooted in safe mode, and did
the last known configuration cant get anything to work.

Also all my network connections are gone and cannot be re-established

Re: Svchost.exe-Application Error The memory could not be written?
posting to this newsgroup.

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a hijackware
infection, some of which may have been detected and removed by the Malicious
Software Removal Tool.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dnunz wrote:
> After my windows update this evening, this same error message has popped
> up:
> svchost.exe-application error. 0x7c85e3cb referenced memory at 0x7c85e3cb.
> The memory could not be "written." Click ok to terminate the program or
> click on Cancel to debug.
> I have tried both and nothing works. I have rebooted in safe mode, and
> did
> the last known configuration cant get anything to work.
>
> Also all my network connections are gone and cannot be re-established

ElmiraViking

Re: Svchost.exe-Application Error The memory could not be written?
Um, what part about "no network access" do you not understand ?. How the heck
can someone download a tool to fix/investigate a problem when they don't have
internet access ?.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a hijackware
> infection, some of which may have been detected and removed by the Malicious
> Software Removal Tool.

> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!
>
> 2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> or other appropriate forums.**

> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dnunz wrote:
> > After my windows update this evening, this same error message has popped
> > up:
> > svchost.exe-application error. 0x7c85e3cb referenced memory at 0x7c85e3cb.
> > The memory could not be "written." Click ok to terminate the program or
> > click on Cancel to debug.
> > I have tried both and nothing works. I have rebooted in safe mode, and
> > did
> > the last known configuration cant get anything to work.
> >
> > Also all my network connections are gone and cannot be re-established

Re: Svchost.exe-Application Error The memory could not be written?
If you'd started your own, new thread, the beginning of my reply would be
different now:

<QP>

</QP>

ElmiraViking wrote:
> Um, what part about "no network access" do you not understand ?. How the
> heck can someone download a tool to fix/investigate a problem when they
> don't have internet access ?.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a
>> hijackware
>> infection, some of which may have been detected and removed by the
>> Malicious Software Removal Tool.
>>
>> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!
>>
>> 2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
>> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
>> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
>>
>> **Seek expert assistance in
>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> =====================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dnunz wrote:
>>> After my windows update this evening, this same error message has popped
>>> up:
>>> svchost.exe-application error. 0x7c85e3cb referenced memory at
>>> 0x7c85e3cb.
>>> The memory could not be "written." Click ok to terminate the program or
>>> click on Cancel to debug.
>>> I have tried both and nothing works. I have rebooted in safe mode, and
>>> did
>>> the last known configuration cant get anything to work.
>>>
>>> Also all my network connections are gone and cannot be re-established

Harry Johnston [MVP]

ElmiraViking wrote:

> Um, what part about "no network access" do you not understand ?. How the heck
> can someone download a tool to fix/investigate a problem when they don't have
> internet access ?.

On a different computer, perhaps? One belonging to a friend or neighbour, or
failing that, an internet cafe?

Harry.