sp3

Bly

sp3
Since downloading sp3 I can no longer accdss many websites one of them being
my service provider. Also after downloding sp3 my media player would not work
and I had to delete media player 11 and install media player 9. Any ideas as
to what the problem may be?
--
Bly
MowGreen

Re: sp3
SP3 for ____________ <insert applicable name here, please> ?
IF you are referring to XP SP3, then see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Windows XP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation

IF there are still issues after uninstalling XP SP3 and doing all of the
above *prior* to reinstalling XP SP3 again, then go here:

From the dropdown window, choose the situation that best describes the
issue ... eg. Download issue, Install issue, post install issue.
Then click the Continue button.

> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but only for
> Service Pack 3 (SP3).

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Bly wrote:

> Since downloading sp3 I can no longer accdss many websites one of them being
> my service provider. Also after downloding sp3 my media player would not work
> and I had to delete media player 11 and install media player 9. Any ideas as
> to what the problem may be?

Re: sp3
While you were AWOL, BroMow, the year-long, free unlimited installation and
compatibility support for Windows XP SP3 ended on Tuesday, 14 April 2009.

WinXP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--
~PAŮ

MowGreen wrote:
<snip>
> IF there are still issues after uninstalling XP SP3 and doing all of the
> above *prior* to reinstalling XP SP3 again, then go here:
>
> From the dropdown window, choose the situation that best describes the
> issue ... eg. Download issue, Install issue, post install issue.
> Then click the Continue button.

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3).

Howard Walker 635

Re: sp3
Does this mean that XP SP3 will not receive any security updates, or is it
just installation and compatibility support that is being dropped?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> While you were AWOL, BroMow, the year-long, free unlimited installation and
> compatibility support for Windows XP SP3 ended on Tuesday, 14 April 2009.
>
> WinXP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
> --
> ~PA├×
>
> MowGreen wrote:
> <snip>
> > IF there are still issues after uninstalling XP SP3 and doing all of the
> > above *prior* to reinstalling XP SP3 again, then go here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >
> > From the dropdown window, choose the situation that best describes the
> > issue ... eg. Download issue, Install issue, post install issue.
> > Then click the Continue button.
> >
> > Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> > Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3).

Re: sp3
The latter, Howard.