YUKU

CRANNIE

YUKU
Until yesterday after the April 15 Windows XP & Internet Explorer high
prority updates I could visit my 2 Yuku sites. After install I got an
FSecure that something was trying to change my IE7 and recommended deny- I
denied. Now I cannot get to Yuku from any of my computers although the same
warning DIDNOT happen on 2 of other computers (all were updated yesterday). I
had a relative that has the same updates go to Yuku this morning FSecure came
up with the same warning, she X'ed out of Fsecure and it took her off the
internet completely. She then tried to get to her normal home page. On the
first try it said this webpage cannot be displayed. She did get to her home
page on the second try. I have 3 computers using Shaw's FSecure 2 of them
can run complete scans results 0 problems. On the computer that I got the
warning from yesterday after installing the XP highpriority downloads my
Fsecure stops at 4352 C:/+system+rootkits. I also run MBAM all 3 computers
say 0 problems.

I do not know what to do. I use XP and IE7.

Also note that I could not get to microsoft updates or windows updates via
Programs etc, only via Microsoft.com, until I deleted all temporary internet
files, cookies, history everything.

Also note that until I did the deletion of temp files etc, when I logged
out/restart I got a windows message box saying "End Program-Auto Suggest
Drop-Down Not Responding".

I own legal original certified XP home.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
--
Thankyou

Re: YUKU
Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, any real-time protection provided by
an anti-spyware application (except for Windows Defender; includes Spybot
Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable any
third-party firewall (e.g., FSecure) AND THEN enable the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled!

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB963027)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
and reboot.

3. IMPORTANT! => Re-do #1 above.

4. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical Updates
offered (i.e., KB963027). If a Root Certificates update is listed in the
Optional Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's
enhanced security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable (or reinstall) your
third-party firewall.

=====================================

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB963027).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

your usual support contacts.

Support for Windows Update:

CRANNIE wrote:
> Until yesterday after the April 15 Windows XP & Internet Explorer high
> prority updates I could visit my 2 Yuku sites. After install I got an
> FSecure that something was trying to change my IE7 and recommended deny- I
> denied. Now I cannot get to Yuku from any of my computers although the
> same
> warning DIDNOT happen on 2 of other computers (all were updated
> yesterday).
> I had a relative that has the same updates go to Yuku this morning FSecure
> came up with the same warning, she X'ed out of Fsecure and it took her off
> the internet completely. She then tried to get to her normal home page.
> On the first try it said this webpage cannot be displayed. She did get to
> her home page on the second try. I have 3 computers using Shaw's FSecure
> 2
> of them can run complete scans results 0 problems. On the computer that I
> got the warning from yesterday after installing the XP highpriority
> downloads my Fsecure stops at 4352 C:/+system+rootkits. I also run MBAM
> all 3 computers say 0 problems.
>
> I do not know what to do. I use XP and IE7.
>
> Also note that I could not get to microsoft updates or windows updates via
> Programs etc, only via Microsoft.com, until I deleted all temporary
> internet
> files, cookies, history everything.
>
> Also note that until I did the deletion of temp files etc, when I logged
> out/restart I got a windows message box saying "End Program-Auto Suggest
> Drop-Down Not Responding".
>
> I own legal original certified XP home.
>
> Thanking you in advance for your help.

CRANNIE

Re: YUKU
I did everything you said. I went to Custom Updates and other than KB963027
there were only Search4.0, OfficeLive add & Windows Live Essentials. I don't
use any on those programs. I always do Custom updates atleast monthly. I
recall installing a root certificate install about 3-4 weeks ago. I lowered
My Fsecure settings-no help. Everything worked fine until yesterdays updates.

Do you have anymore suggestions?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > On the first try it said this webpage cannot be displayed. She did get to
> > her home page on the second try. I have 3 computers using Shaw's FSecure
> > 2
> > of them can run complete scans results 0 problems. On the computer that I
> > got the warning from yesterday after installing the XP highpriority
> > downloads my Fsecure stops at 4352 C:/+system+rootkits. I also run MBAM
> > all 3 computers say 0 problems.
> >
> > I do not know what to do. I use XP and IE7.
> >
> > Also note that I could not get to microsoft updates or windows updates via
> > Programs etc, only via Microsoft.com, until I deleted all temporary
> > internet
> > files, cookies, history everything.
> >
> > Also note that until I did the deletion of temp files etc, when I logged
> > out/restart I got a windows message box saying "End Program-Auto Suggest

Repost: