Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

No Sound after installing Security Updates

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
MoMule
 

Posts: n/a
No Sound after installing Security Updates
After installing 7 Security Updates plus the Malicious Software Removal Tool
yesterday (Apr. 15), I lost all sound on my computer. I've checked wiring
and all is plugged in securely, and all settings I could think of to check
seem to be okay. But I cannot get sound from the internet, CDs, or
internally generated. Anyone have any ideas on what else to do before
talking to one of the "robots" or "morons" I saw referred to in the "Windows
Sucks" string?
--
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. Always wear a
hat, just in case.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Sound after installing Security Updates
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What seven (7) updates did you install (KB numbers sufficient)?


Any chance you also installed an audio driver update offered by Windows
Update?

MoMule wrote:
> After installing 7 Security Updates plus the Malicious Software Removal
> Tool
> yesterday (Apr. 15), I lost all sound on my computer. I've checked wiring
> and all is plugged in securely, and all settings I could think of to check
> seem to be okay. But I cannot get sound from the internet, CDs, or
> internally generated. Anyone have any ideas on what else to do before
> talking to one of the "robots" or "morons" I saw referred to in the
> "Windows
> Sucks" string?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
MoMule
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Sound after installing Security Updates
Thanks for your reply and tips. I discovered the sound problem tonight; it
had nothing to do with the updates after all; more of a brain malfunction.
The timing sure was coincidental, though. Sorry I didn't provide all the
information I should have. This is my first foray into this site and it was
not easy finding my way around.
--
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. Always wear a
hat, just in case.


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What seven (7) updates did you install (KB numbers sufficient)?
>
>
> Any chance you also installed an audio driver update offered by Windows
> Update?
>
> MoMule wrote:
> > After installing 7 Security Updates plus the Malicious Software Removal
> > Tool
> > yesterday (Apr. 15), I lost all sound on my computer. I've checked wiring
> > and all is plugged in securely, and all settings I could think of to check
> > seem to be okay. But I cannot get sound from the internet, CDs, or
> > internally generated. Anyone have any ideas on what else to do before
> > talking to one of the "robots" or "morons" I saw referred to in the
> > "Windows
> > Sucks" string?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Sound after installing Security Updates
What was wrong and how did you fix it? (And please don't tell us that the
speakers weren't turn off.)

MoMule wrote:
> Thanks for your reply and tips. I discovered the sound problem tonight;
> it
> had nothing to do with the updates after all; more of a brain malfunction.
> The timing sure was coincidental, though. Sorry I didn't provide all the
> information I should have. This is my first foray into this site and it
> was
> not easy finding my way around.
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> What seven (7) updates did you install (KB numbers sufficient)?
>>
>>
>> Any chance you also installed an audio driver update offered by Windows
>> Update?
>>
>> MoMule wrote:
>>> After installing 7 Security Updates plus the Malicious Software Removal
>>> Tool
>>> yesterday (Apr. 15), I lost all sound on my computer. I've checked
>>> wiring
>>> and all is plugged in securely, and all settings I could think of to
>>> check
>>> seem to be okay. But I cannot get sound from the internet, CDs, or
>>> internally generated. Anyone have any ideas on what else to do before
>>> talking to one of the "robots" or "morons" I saw referred to in the
>>> "Windows
>>> Sucks" string?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Sound after installing Security Updates
DAMN!

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> What was wrong and how did you fix it? (And please don't tell us that the
> speakers weren't turn [ON].)
>
> MoMule wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply and tips. I discovered the sound problem tonight;
>> it
>> had nothing to do with the updates after all; more of a brain
>> malfunction.
>> The timing sure was coincidental, though. Sorry I didn't provide all the
>> information I should have. This is my first foray into this site and it
>> was
>> not easy finding my way around.
>>
>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> What seven (7) updates did you install (KB numbers sufficient)?
>>>
>>>
>>> Any chance you also installed an audio driver update offered by Windows
>>> Update?
>>>
>>> MoMule wrote:
>>>> After installing 7 Security Updates plus the Malicious Software Removal
>>>> Tool
>>>> yesterday (Apr. 15), I lost all sound on my computer. I've checked
>>>> wiring
>>>> and all is plugged in securely, and all settings I could think of to
>>>> check
>>>> seem to be okay. But I cannot get sound from the internet, CDs, or
>>>> internally generated. Anyone have any ideas on what else to do before
>>>> talking to one of the "robots" or "morons" I saw referred to in the
>>>> "Windows
>>>> Sucks" string?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
effect of installing software security updates calamity jane microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 10-24-2008 19:18
Installing June Security updates for Windows XP littleyoda microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 06-22-2008 01:39
trouble installing security updates claudiae452 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 9 04-08-2008 23:36
security updates intalled but still installing the same one sexiimamii microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 2 12-03-2007 00:33
problems after installing updates..no sound, can't hibernate, scrn Quadmom microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 11-17-2007 22:30




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120