Unable to update Win XP SP3

Bigbird804

Unable to update Win XP SP3
The last update I received was the first part of March. When I try to update
using either Windows update or Microsoft update I receive this message; "
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view." I am being prevented? from visiting the listing of updates
to obtain the new updates from the update list.

What am I doing wrong?
Ǝиçεl

RE: Unable to update Win XP SP3
Hello Bigbird...

Have you looked at : You receive a "0x800A01AE" error message or a
"0x080070570" error message when you try to connect to the Windows Update Web
page or to the Microsoft Update Web page in Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP
Ignore the title.

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910359/en-us>

Good luck
-=-

"Bigbird804" wrote:

> The last update I received was the first part of March. When I try to update
> using either Windows update or Microsoft update I receive this message; "
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view." I am being prevented? from visiting the listing of updates
> to obtain the new updates from the update list.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

TaurArian

Bigbird804 wrote:
:: The last update I received was the first part of March. When I try
:: to update using either Windows update or Microsoft update I receive
:: this message; " The website has encountered a problem and cannot
:: display the page you are trying to view." I am being prevented? from
:: visiting the listing of updates to obtain the new updates from the
:: update list.
::
:: What am I doing wrong?

Anything useful in these?

Error code when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to
install updates: "0x8024D00C"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958053

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you see the
0x8024D00C error
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...n=en&IsMu=True

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
error and cannot display the requested page"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
page.
Additionally, you see "[Error number: 0x8024D00C]" in the upper-right corner
of the Web page.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: Unable to update Win XP SP3
See TaurArian's reply.

However, there is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm