Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

KB959995 Fails

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
groovey58
 

Posts: n/a
KB959995 Fails
Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set to
automatic (delayed). The install still fails.

Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.

Ted

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB959995 Fails
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What version of MS Office is installed or do you only have Excel Viewer 2003
(SP3) installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


groovey58 wrote:
> Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
> 80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set to
> automatic (delayed). The install still fails.
>
> Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.
>
> Ted


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
groovey58
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB959995 Fails
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
MS Excel 11.8237.8221 SP3 via MS Office 2003 Home Edition
All security updates that are noted as important or recommended.

I hope this helps.

Ted

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What version of MS Office is installed or do you only have Excel Viewer 2003
> (SP3) installed?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> groovey58 wrote:
> > Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
> > 80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set to
> > automatic (delayed). The install still fails.
> >
> > Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.
> >
> > Ted

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB959995 Fails
First see:

Description of the update for Office 2003: December 9, 2008:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074

If no joy, see:

How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498

If still no joy, see the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959995
--
~PA Bear


groovey58 wrote:
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> MS Excel 11.8237.8221 SP3 via MS Office 2003 Home Edition
> All security updates that are noted as important or recommended.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> What version of MS Office is installed or do you only have Excel Viewer
>> 2003 (SP3) installed?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> groovey58 wrote:
>>> Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
>>> 80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set to
>>> automatic (delayed). The install still fails.
>>>
>>> Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.
>>>
>>> Ted


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2009
XAX
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB959995 Fails
Yeah, I'm havng problem too.
Windows XP.
Version 5.1 Svrc pak 3

I tried the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959995

but it says the server is too busy. So what do I do now? I can't install it
and the dumb little yellow shield is on.

Any advice.



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> First see:
>
> Description of the update for Office 2003: December 9, 2008:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074
>
> If no joy, see:
>
> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>
> If still no joy, see the "How to obtain help..." section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959995
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
>
> groovey58 wrote:
> > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> > MS Excel 11.8237.8221 SP3 via MS Office 2003 Home Edition
> > All security updates that are noted as important or recommended.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> What version of MS Office is installed or do you only have Excel Viewer
> >> 2003 (SP3) installed?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >>
> >>
> >> groovey58 wrote:
> >>> Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
> >>> 80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set to
> >>> automatic (delayed). The install still fails.
> >>>
> >>> Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.
> >>>
> >>> Ted

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: KB959995 Fails
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about /your/ problem.

XAX wrote:
> Yeah, I'm havng problem too.
> Windows XP.
> Version 5.1 Svrc pak 3
>
> I tried the link:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959995
>
> but it says the server is too busy. So what do I do now? I can't install
> it
> and the dumb little yellow shield is on.
>
> Any advice.
>
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> First see:
>>
>> Description of the update for Office 2003: December 9, 2008:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074
>>
>> If no joy, see:
>>
>> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>>
>> If still no joy, see the "How to obtain help..." section of
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959995
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>>
>> groovey58 wrote:
>>> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>>> MS Excel 11.8237.8221 SP3 via MS Office 2003 Home Edition
>>> All security updates that are noted as important or recommended.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)
>>>> when
>>>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>>>
>>>> What version of MS Office is installed or do you only have Excel Viewer
>>>> 2003 (SP3) installed?
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> groovey58 wrote:
>>>>> Trying to install this security update. It fails. I get the error code
>>>>> 80070643. I follow the instructions and make sure that the OSE is set
>>>>> to
>>>>> automatic (delayed). The install still fails.
>>>>>
>>>>> Kindly provide proper install method for this security update.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ted


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KB959995 Office Excel 2003 groovey58 microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 04-15-2009 20:40
ie7 fails again Adrenochrome microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-15-2008 18:29
Complete PC Backup fails, restore fails differently! Harry Coin microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 5 11-19-2007 22:42
Windows Explorer fails and fails and fails... Bill microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 30 06-10-2007 04:57
S.T.A.L.K.E.R fails to run =?Utf-8?B?Szg2?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 12 03-29-2007 18:52




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120