KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM

lukaszlagosz@gmail.com

KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Hi
Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
And one or some of then corrupt JVM.

Environment: Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 with Tomcat 6.0.16 +
JDK 1.6.13.
Before this updates JVM can allocate:
-Xmx1300m

After updates Tomcat cannot start because of error:
[2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Error occurred during initialization of
VM
[2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Could not reserve enough space for object
heap
[2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info]
[2009-04-16 07:33:01] [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed

After many try we figure that now we can max allocate:
-Xmx750m

Can someone answer what's happend with this updates ??

Thanks in advance.

ctw345

RE: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Hi,
My computer (Windows XP) is also trying to install 7 security updates, all
starting with KB9.... However, they all fail, with no error code given. I'm
beginning to think that is a good thing, however, in reading some of these
posts about their computer crashing.
Anyone else having issues?

"lukaszlagosz@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
> Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
> KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
> And one or some of then corrupt JVM.
>
> Environment: Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 with Tomcat 6.0.16 +
> JDK 1.6.13.
> Before this updates JVM can allocate:
> -Xmx1300m
>
> After updates Tomcat cannot start because of error:
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Error occurred during initialization of
> VM
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Could not reserve enough space for object
> heap
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info]
> [2009-04-16 07:33:01] [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
>
> After many try we figure that now we can max allocate:
> -Xmx750m
>
> Can someone answer what's happend with this updates ??
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

elessar8@gmail.com

RE: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Hi,

same problem with our Tomcat in Production Environment.

An automatic update was executed today in the morning and we have to set
"Maximum memory pool" option to a value under 1024 MB.

The updates applied were the same lukaszlagosz@gmail.com mentioned in his
post.

Thanks,

Adrian

"lukaszlagosz@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
> Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
> KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
> And one or some of then corrupt JVM.
>
> Environment: Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 with Tomcat 6.0.16 +
> JDK 1.6.13.
> Before this updates JVM can allocate:
> -Xmx1300m
>
> After updates Tomcat cannot start because of error:
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Error occurred during initialization of
> VM
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Could not reserve enough space for object
> heap
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info]
> [2009-04-16 07:33:01] [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
>
> After many try we figure that now we can max allocate:
> -Xmx750m
>
> Can someone answer what's happend with this updates ??
>
> Thanks in advance.

antamod

RE: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Hi
did you find any solution?
I had the same problem and, after uninstlling patches, Tomcat succesfully
start.

Thanks in advance

"lukaszlagosz@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
> Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
> KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
> And one or some of then corrupt JVM.
>
> Environment: Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 with Tomcat 6.0.16 +
> JDK 1.6.13.
> Before this updates JVM can allocate:
> -Xmx1300m
>
> After updates Tomcat cannot start because of error:
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Error occurred during initialization of
> VM
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Could not reserve enough space for object
> heap
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info]
> [2009-04-16 07:33:01] [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
>
> After many try we figure that now we can max allocate:
> -Xmx750m
>
> Can someone answer what's happend with this updates ??
>
> Thanks in advance.

jjjacer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
I work for a support center for hotels and the last week we have gotten about 4 calls with Vista Users not being able to get online. Vista shows them connected with local and internet but cannot go online. when opening a browser it immidiatly says cannot display page. When we watch the guests traffic we see a signal DNS request when opening the browser and then nothing more. this happened in both IE and firefox, no proxies. Also we saw other webtraffic work normally. The computers could even get more updates. We had one user do a system restore till before the 4/14/09 when the last updates where installed and it fixed the problem. Also the computers can ping websites normally while they cant view pages. Before thinking of system restore we did both winsock and tcpip resets ut it didnt solve the problem and neither did booting into safemode with networking.

If anyone has any ideas let us know this seams to be causing issues with more and more vista machines as time goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by antamod View Post
Hi
did you find any solution?
I had the same problem and, after uninstlling patches, Tomcat succesfully
start.

Thanks in advance

"lukaszlagosz@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi
> Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
> KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
> And one or some of then corrupt JVM.
>
> Environment: Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 with Tomcat 6.0.16 +
> JDK 1.6.13.
> Before this updates JVM can allocate:
> -Xmx1300m
>
> After updates Tomcat cannot start because of error:
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Error occurred during initialization of
> VM
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info] Could not reserve enough space for object
> heap
> [2009-04-16 07:33:00] [info]
> [2009-04-16 07:33:01] [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
>
> After many try we figure that now we can max allocate:
> -Xmx750m
>
> Can someone answer what's happend with this updates ??
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Ideally, you'd begin a new thread about /your/ problems, especially since
you're not experiencing "corrupt JVM" (whatever that means) and you're not
running Win2003 SP2.

Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, all Norton Add-ons (if any), any
real-time protection provided by an anti-spyware application (except for
Windows Defender; includes Spybot Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS
guard.exe, etc.), disable any third-party firewall AND THEN enable the
Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled! If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.

2. WinXP: Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7
(KB963027)" via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked
at top right) and reboot.

**Vista: Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7
(KB963027)" via Control Panel | Security | Windows Update | View installed
updates and reboot.

3. Re-do #1 above.

4. WinXP: Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical
Updates offered (i.e., KB963027). If a Root Certificates update is listed
in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's
enhanced security.

**Vista: Run Windows Update manually and install any Important updates
offered (i.e., KB963027). If a Root Certificates update is listed in the
Optional Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's
enhanced security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable (or reinstall) your
third-party firewall.

=====================================

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB963027).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

jjjacer wrote:
> I work for a support center for hotels and the last week we have gotten
> about 4 calls with Vista Users not being able to get online. Vista shows
> them connected with local and internet but cannot go online. when
> opening a browser it immidiatly says cannot display page. When we watch
> the guests traffic we see a signal DNS request when opening the browser
> and then nothing more. this happened in both IE and firefox, no proxies.
> Also we saw other webtraffic work normally. The computers could even get
> more updates. We had one user do a system restore till before the
> 4/14/09 when the last updates where installed and it fixed the problem.
> Also the computers can ping websites normally while they cant view
> pages. Before thinking of system restore we did both winsock and tcpip
> resets ut it didnt solve the problem and neither did booting into
> safemode with networking.
>
> If anyone has any ideas let us know this seams to be causing issues
> with more and more vista machines as time goes on

<snip>

jjjacer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt JVM
Sorry i should have made another thread, but i do thank you for the response, ill have people check that when it happens again although i didnt see them using any third party security software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Bear [MS MVP] View Post
[...]

4. WinXP: Go to Microsoft Windows Update and install any Critical
[...]

site: Select your region

your usual support contacts.

Support for Windows Update:
Microsoft Update Solution Center

jjjacer wrote:
> I work for a support center for hotels and the last week we have gotten
> about 4 calls with Vista Users not being able to get online. Vista shows
> them connected with local and internet but cannot go online. when
> opening a browser it immidiatly says cannot display page. When we watch
> the guests traffic we see a signal DNS request when opening the browser
> and then nothing more. this happened in both IE and firefox, no proxies.
> Also we saw other webtraffic work normally. The computers could even get
> more updates. We had one user do a system restore till before the
> 4/14/09 when the last updates where installed and it fixed the problem.
> Also the computers can ping websites normally while they cant view
> pages. Before thinking of system restore we did both winsock and tcpip
> resets ut it didnt solve the problem and neither did booting into
> safemode with networking.
>
> If anyone has any ideas let us know this seams to be causing issues
> with more and more vista machines as time goes on

<snip>
Rodolfo Giovanninetti

RE: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt
Did You find which specific update created this issue?

Thank You

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

"antamod" wrote:

> Hi
> did you find any solution?
> I had the same problem and, after uninstlling patches, Tomcat succesfully
> start.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> "lukaszlagosz@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Today automatic windows update download and install this patches
> > KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426.
> > And one or some of then corrupt JVM.

lukaszlagosz@gmail.com

Re: KB923561,KB956572,KB961373,KB952004,KB960803,KB959 426 corrupt
> Did You find which specific update created this issue?

KB956572.
We've had a 3 other places with the same problem and helps only
unninstalling this update.
Microsoft give me advice to contact with "Sun Mikrosystem" because JVM
is not they product.