cookies deleted

Rjay

cookies deleted
Whenever I get a Windows update and restart my computer, all the cookies are
deleted, even those I've identified as trusted. This didn't happen a year
ago, but it happens all the time now. How can I stop this?

Re: cookies deleted
Installing an update does not cause this behavior. What "cleaner"
application(s) run at boot (e.g., CCleaner; RegCure)?

Rjay wrote:
> Whenever I get a Windows update and restart my computer, all the cookies
> are deleted, even those I've identified as trusted. This didn't happen a
> year ago, but it happens all the time now. How can I stop this?

rjay

Re: cookies deleted
Thanks for getting back to me. Your reply may have helped solve my problem. I
found CCleaner in my programs and opened it. A forum about it mentioned the
same problem and recommended disabling the "index.dat deletion" in CCleaner
under Explorer. Other posters there said this solved their problem. I have
done this and will see if it helps. Apparently CCleaner and IE7 aren't
totally compatible. We'll see.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Installing an update does not cause this behavior. What "cleaner"
> application(s) run at boot (e.g., CCleaner; RegCure)?
>
> Rjay wrote:
> > Whenever I get a Windows update and restart my computer, all the cookies
> > are deleted, even those I've identified as trusted. This didn't happen a
> > year ago, but it happens all the time now. How can I stop this?

Re: cookies deleted
You *chose* to have CCleaner run at boot and delete the stuff!

rjay wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me. Your reply may have helped solve my
> problem.
> I found CCleaner in my programs and opened it. A forum about it mentioned
> the same problem and recommended disabling the "index.dat deletion" in
> CCleaner under Explorer. Other posters there said this solved their
> problem. I have done this and will see if it helps. Apparently CCleaner
> and
> IE7 aren't totally compatible. We'll see.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Installing an update does not cause this behavior. What "cleaner"
>> application(s) run at boot (e.g., CCleaner; RegCure)?
>>
>> Rjay wrote:
>>> Whenever I get a Windows update and restart my computer, all the cookies
>>> are deleted, even those I've identified as trusted. This didn't happen a
>>> year ago, but it happens all the time now. How can I stop this?

rjay

Re: cookies deleted
What do you suggest I do? Uninstall Ccleaner? It was installed at the
computer shop, not by me, and it caused no problems with cookies until a few
months ago. I shut my computer off every night and reboot it in the morning.
Why do cookies get deleted only every so often, not every day? Sorry to be so
thick, but I have unchecked "cookies" and just about everything else in
Ccleaner and it still happens.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You *chose* to have CCleaner run at boot and delete the stuff!
>
> rjay wrote:
> > Thanks for getting back to me. Your reply may have helped solve my
> > problem.
> > I found CCleaner in my programs and opened it. A forum about it mentioned
> > the same problem and recommended disabling the "index.dat deletion" in
> > CCleaner under Explorer. Other posters there said this solved their
> > problem. I have done this and will see if it helps. Apparently CCleaner
> > and
> > IE7 aren't totally compatible. We'll see.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Installing an update does not cause this behavior. What "cleaner"
> >> application(s) run at boot (e.g., CCleaner; RegCure)?

Re: cookies deleted
CCleaner is compatible with any currently-supported version of IE.

If you disable CCleaner from loading & running at boot, does the behavior
persist?

If you uninstall CCleaner, does the behavior persist?