Windows Sucks

Ted

Windows Sucks
has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do what I
logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases all
of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting with a
robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
--
A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
williamtell

Re: Windows Sucks
BYE!

"Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do
> what I
> logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases
> all
> of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting
> with a
> robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
> --
> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
> job.

TaurArian

RE: Windows Sucks
Enjoy your new Apple computer.

FYI - http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

"Ted" wrote:

> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do what I
> logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases all
> of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting with a
> robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
> --
> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
> job.

Gis Bun

RE: Windows Sucks
Just like the ads, have fun paying for a more expensive system. Then there's
the software [apps, games] that you'll miss that has a Windows version but
nothing for the Mac.

It's always a PEBKAC [person between keyboard and chair] issue. These
problems don't just happen with an update that has nothing to do a simple
update.

You'll probably get the same "robot" support from apple or elsewhere....

"Ted" wrote:

> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do what I
> logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases all
> of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting with a
> robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
> --
> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
> job.

Apple

RE: Windows Sucks
I am thinking of switching to another os cause I'm having some problem with
windows and contacted microsoft and they told me they can help me.

Anyone know a user friendly linux?

"Ted" wrote:

> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do what I
> logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases all
> of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting with a
> robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
> --
> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
> job.

Alias

Re: Windows Sucks
Apple wrote:
> I am thinking of switching to another os cause I'm having some problem with
> windows and contacted microsoft and they told me they can help me.
>
> Anyone know a user friendly linux?

Yes, http://www.ubuntu.com/

Alias

Re: Windows Sucks
Don't let the door hit you on the way out either...

Apple wrote:
> I am thinking of switching to another os cause I'm having some problem
> with
> windows and contacted microsoft and they told me they can help me.
>
> Anyone know a user friendly linux?
>
> "Ted" wrote:
>
>> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
>> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
>> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do
>> what I logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then
>> erases all of your important data? When I call tech support I am either
>> chatting with a robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't
>> have a clue. --
>> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
>> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a
>> new
>> job.

George Chambers

Re: Windows Sucks
I have never had that happen with MS updated,I have had windows since
3.1. Perhaps you have a cleaning program that does that, CC cleaner will
do that if you are not careful.

williamtell wrote:
> BYE!
>
> "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
>> update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
>> time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do
>> what I
>> logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases
>> all
>> of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting
>> with a
>> robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
>> --
>> A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
>> Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
>> job.

Gis Bun

RE: Windows Sucks
Mr. Apple,

Having the exact same problem? Wow!

If you buy a car and never bother to properly maintain it, it will
eventually have problems. Same with Windows or any OS. Who's to blame?

What? You don't want to pay the "Apple Tax"?

"Apple" wrote:

> I am thinking of switching to another os cause I'm having some problem with
> windows and contacted microsoft and they told me they can help me.
>
> Anyone know a user friendly linux?
>
> "Ted" wrote:
>
> > has everyone else lost important information when prompted by Windows to
> > update? I've lost my favorites, short cuts, you name it. I waste so much
> > time on my computer screwing around with Windows that I cannot even do what I
> > logged on for. What kind of system prompts you to update and then erases all
> > of your important data? When I call tech support I am either chatting with a
> > robot or a moron who cannot solve a problem and doesn't have a clue.
> > --
> > A totally enraged Windows victim who is moving on to an Apple Computer!
> > Good riddance to the Seattle Clunker aka Microsoft! Bill Gates, get a new
> > job.

Gis Bun

Re: Windows Sucks

"Alias" wrote:

> Gis Bun wrote:
> > Mr. Apple,
> >
> > Having the exact same problem? Wow!
> >
> > If you buy a car and never bother to properly maintain it, it will
> > eventually have problems. Same with Windows or any OS. Who's to blame?

> Not with Linux. Apple and Micro$lut are to blame, of course!
>

> > What? You don't want to pay the "Apple Tax"?

> Nor the Windows tax.

You can always buy a netbook. Seems Microsoft is only charging manufacturers
$14 for a copy of Win XP Home on a netbook. So the remaining $335 or a $350
netbook is from the manufacturer.