.Net Framework problem

deertroy

.Net Framework problem
I have been trying to install update KB951847. After installing it Microsoft
update still tells me I need it. This had happen once before on another
computer. At that time I ran .Net Framework clean up tool to uninstall all
versions. I the reinstalled the .Net Framework packages starting with 1.1
one at a time and all went well. However, on this computer after running the
clean-up tool, .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 and .Net Framework Service
Pack 2 don't uninstall. When I try to go to control panel>add remove
programs and uninstall them there I get the following message, "Microsoft.Net
Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 cannot be uninstalled because it will affect
other applications that are installed. For more information, see
http://go.microsoft/fwlink/?Linkld=91126". Can anyone help me get .Net
Framework installed and updated? I have a dial-up connections so I
downloaded all of the packages at a friends house and brought them here on a
jump drive.
deertroy

RE: .Net Framework problem
I also noticed that .net framework 3.5 is still installed in the control
panel>add remove programs but there is no option to remove it. I thought if
I couldn't remove it I would try re-installing 3.5 over top of the copy
that's already installed but the installation only goes so far and then won't
install?

"deertroy" wrote:

> I have been trying to install update KB951847. After installing it Microsoft
> update still tells me I need it. This had happen once before on another
> computer. At that time I ran .Net Framework clean up tool to uninstall all
> versions. I the reinstalled the .Net Framework packages starting with 1.1
> one at a time and all went well. However, on this computer after running the
> clean-up tool, .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 and .Net Framework Service
> Pack 2 don't uninstall. When I try to go to control panel>add remove
> programs and uninstall them there I get the following message, "Microsoft.Net
> Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 cannot be uninstalled because it will affect
> other applications that are installed. For more information, see
> http://go.microsoft/fwlink/?Linkld=91126". Can anyone help me get .Net
> Framework installed and updated? I have a dial-up connections so I
> downloaded all of the packages at a friends house and brought them here on a
> jump drive.

Northern T. James Sr.

RE: .Net Framework problem