My User Account vanished after MS Update today!

J Cramer

RE: My User Account vanished after MS Update today!
Hi Tom,,,, im wondering and need help if u can. I noticed the yellow
sheild(which is still there)by the clock,once is stated click here for
updates ready for your computer sevral updated began to install, at end of
install in that window said unable to install exel office 2003 update,,, i
also have been quit anoyed by some "TrayApp" window that sometimes cgoes away
and sometimes not no matter what i click in that window it wont cancel.I hope
i didnt lose ya in the details,, if ur able to help me and trobleshoot this
crap ide greatly appriciate it(before i punch another monitor,,, that would
be # 3 flatscrren!! LOL If u can email me at: loonacymusic@yahoo.com with ur
advise!!
Cheers,,
Joel

"Tom Muchka" wrote:

> Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess? (I
> did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority" stuff).
>
> System Restore saved m' arse once again.

Gis Bun

RE: My User Account vanished after MS Update today!
18 updates? That's all the updates released this year plus probably November
and December of last year.

"Tom Muchka" wrote:

> Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess? (I
> did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority" stuff).
>
> System Restore saved m' arse once again.

Susan Bradley

Gis Bun wrote:
> 18 updates? That's all the updates released this year plus probably November
> and December of last year.
>
> "Tom Muchka" wrote:
>
>> Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess? (I
>> did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority" stuff).
>>
>> System Restore saved m' arse once again.

Not if there are several versions of Office patches. I had 14 on a
workstation here.
TM

"Gis Bun" <GisBun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 18 updates? That's all the updates released this year plus probably
> November
> and December of last year.
>
> "Tom Muchka" wrote:
>
>> Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess?
>> (I
>> did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority"
>> stuff).
>>
>> System Restore saved m' arse once again.
>>

>>Mr. Bill Gates: I HUMBLY apologize! My aforemantioned user account snafu
>>was an unfortunate "tweakui" mishap. The 18 Critical Updates were NOT the
>>problem. All is well in paradise once again.

Gis Bun

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> Gis Bun wrote:
> > 18 updates? That's all the updates released this year plus probably November
> > and December of last year.
> >
> > "Tom Muchka" wrote:
> >
> >> Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess? (I
> >> did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority" stuff).
> >>
> >> System Restore saved m' arse once again.
> >>

> Not if there are several versions of Office patches. I had 14 on a
> workstation here.

But not everyone has multiple versions of Office running. In fact, outside
of the Compatibility Pack, I don't think I know anyone who has more than one.

Most PCs where I work [according to WSUS] have between 8 and 10 updates and
those with 10 is because of Office.

MowGreen

TM wrote:

>>"Tom Muchka" wrote:
>>

>>>Which one of the 18 g#d*mn^d updates I installed today caused this mess?
>>>(I
>>>did NOT install Windows Live Essentials...just the "high priority"
>>>stuff).
>>>
>>>System Restore saved m' arse once again.
>>>

>>>Mr. Bill Gates: I HUMBLY apologize! My aforemantioned user account snafu
>>>was an unfortunate "tweakui" mishap. The 18 Critical Updates were NOT the
>>>problem. All is well in paradise once again.

FWIW, Mr. Gates has not worked at MS since June of last year.
And, *almost* all update performance and installation issues can be
directly attributed to ............................................
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Since it's impossible for MS to test updates with all of the 3rd party
software that exists, it behooves a User to limit the amount of fluff
that is installed. 'Fluff' being tool bars, P2P software, registry
'cleaners', shell manipulation software, disk 'clean up' tools, etc.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten