IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID)

KingOfMyPC58

IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID)
I was trying to install the IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID) for
my desktop and it failed to install does anyone know why Ive seen this update
fail on 3 different computer that I own, there is definetly a problem here, I
just want to knjow what it is?
Gis Bun

RE: IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID)
I wouldn't rely on WU/MU for drivers. Some drivers can be flaky. I'd check
the IBM site for the drivers instead. [Just this past week, I updated the
drivers from MU for an ATI card. Rebooted and it complained the drivers
aren't compatible with the ATI control panel. Control panel was never offered
[not a driver].

"KingOfMyPC58" wrote:

> I was trying to install the IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID) for
> my desktop and it failed to install does anyone know why Ive seen this update
> fail on 3 different computer that I own, there is definetly a problem here, I
> just want to knjow what it is?

KingOfMyPC58

RE: IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID)
I dont have a ATI Video Card on the computer its NIVIDIA card not ATI

"Gis Bun" wrote:

> I wouldn't rely on WU/MU for drivers. Some drivers can be flaky. I'd check
> the IBM site for the drivers instead. [Just this past week, I updated the
> drivers from MU for an ATI card. Rebooted and it complained the drivers
> aren't compatible with the ATI control panel. Control panel was never offered
> [not a driver].
>
> "KingOfMyPC58" wrote:
>
> > I was trying to install the IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID) for
> > my desktop and it failed to install does anyone know why Ive seen this update
> > fail on 3 different computer that I own, there is definetly a problem here, I
> > just want to knjow what it is?

Gis Bun

RE: IBM - Input Devices - IBM Travel Mouse (HID)
I was just giving you an example of how flakey WU/AU can be with drivers.

In general, you are better off getting the drivers directly from the
manufacturer.