IE8 installation for XP home sp2

kumar_fwc

IE8 installation for XP home sp2

Hi all,

While installing Internet explorer 8 home the updates of checking your
computer for malicous software is not done.

please give complete details to install the IE8 properly

--
kumar_fwc
kumar_fwc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89871.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: IE8 installation for XP home sp2
HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
install it.

LOOK! => Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post
to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader:

kumar_fwc wrote:
> While installing Internet explorer 8 home the updates of checking your
> computer for malicous software is not done.
>
> please give complete details to install the IE8 properly

patrick mcbryan

Re: IE8 installation for XP home sp2
tell me how to install service pack2

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220
>
> No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage
> (only) is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December
> 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
> environment.
> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
> => Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>
> My personal recommendations include:
>
> => Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
> and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.
>
> => Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
> installing or uninstalling IE8.
>
> => I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
> anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
> before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
> third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
> Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.
>
> => Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.
>
> => Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.
>
> => For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
> application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
> third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
> install it.
>
> LOOK! => Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post
> to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>
> On the web:
>
> In your newsreader:
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> kumar_fwc wrote:
> > While installing Internet explorer 8 home the updates of checking your
> > computer for malicous software is not done.
> >
> > please give complete details to install the IE8 properly

TaurArian

Re: IE8 installation for XP home sp2
Tell us what Service Pack 2 you are referring to?