windows update gets redirected to google english

poppy36

windows update gets redirected to google english

I have been reading your threads from people who are having a problem
with Windows update being re-directed to google english page.

I have tried all the ways mentioned in all the threads but none sorted
out the problem, and have NOW completly wiped my computer and
re-installed from restore disc.

BUt after spending all day re installing everything, I still have the
problem. Mcafee up to date, firewal on etc, scanned for Viruses/malware
using Simplysup etc, but still cant get windows to update.

because I wiped the computer the version I now have is XP but old, its
not got any of the updates over the past few years now.

can any body suggest in PLain english what I do now, I am desperate to
sort this out.

I have tried all sorts of ways to get to download the updates and
Microsoft malware remover but cant access any of the pages.

--
poppy36
poppy36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89727.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english
Did you do a Repair Install or did you format & reinstall Windows?

Is the machine connected to any other machines via a LAN & router?

Since doing the "wipe," have you used anything other than a brand-new or
freshly-formatted USB key and/or CD/DVD disk?

The above notwithstanding...

HOW TO get WinXP SP1 or SP2 fully patched
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

HOW TO get WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

poppy36 wrote:
> I have been reading your threads from people who are having a problem
> with Windows update being re-directed to google english page.
>
> I have tried all the ways mentioned in all the threads but none sorted
> out the problem, and have NOW completly wiped my computer and
> re-installed from restore disc.
>
> BUt after spending all day re installing everything, I still have the
> problem. Mcafee up to date, firewal on etc, scanned for Viruses/malware
> using Simplysup etc, but still cant get windows to update.
>
> because I wiped the computer the version I now have is XP but old, its
> not got any of the updates over the past few years now.
>
> can any body suggest in PLain english what I do now, I am desperate to
> sort this out.
>
> I have tried all sorts of ways to get to download the updates and
> Microsoft malware remover but cant access any of the pages.

poppy36

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english

Hi ,I completely started the computer from scratch, with disc from
Manufacturer. But I did have my Exel files, and Word docs saved on
external hard drive(new external hard drive) and put back on
computer,and email addresses, but NOT emails.

we have a router but its only this one machine, as my son away most of
the time

--
poppy36
poppy36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89727.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1160407.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english
See if resetting or reinstalling the router makes any difference.

poppy36 wrote:
> Hi ,I completely started the computer from scratch, with disc from
> Manufacturer. But I did have my Exel files, and Word docs saved on
> external hard drive(new external hard drive) and put back on
> computer,and email addresses, but NOT emails.
>
> we have a router but its only this one machine, as my son away most of
> the time

poppy36

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english

Hi
Have re installed the router, but this didnt solve the problem.

I am also now having an added problem of outlook express spell check in
french.
this is due to re-installing Microsoft office 2007, and outlook express
6 dosnt have a english spell check any more..............great fun

I cant download from Microsoft to sort any of this out.
No windows updates / no intenet explorer etc etc
Help !!!!
(do i throw this computer out the window)
all I can think of is there is a file in windows update, where you
opena and click on exceptions were if I had the correct file name and
code I could input in the add a program and see then If I can update,
its an exe I think

otherwise I am really stuck

--
poppy36
poppy36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89727.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1160407.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english
The OE spellcheck issue is not related to your Windows Update problems.
Pick one or two:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...french+%2B+mvp

As for the Windows Update problems, I'd recommend that you take the machine
to a local, reputable and independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek
Squad) computer repair shop.

poppy36 wrote:
> Hi
> Have re installed the router, but this didnt solve the problem.
>
> I am also now having an added problem of outlook express spell check in
> french.
> this is due to re-installing Microsoft office 2007, and outlook express
> 6 dosnt have a english spell check any more..............great fun
>
> I cant download from Microsoft to sort any of this out.
> No windows updates / no intenet explorer etc etc
> Help !!!!
> (do i throw this computer out the window)
> all I can think of is there is a file in windows update, where you
> opena and click on exceptions were if I had the correct file name and
> code I could input in the add a program and see then If I can update,
> its an exe I think
>
> otherwise I am really stuck

Microsoft

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english
Check your network settings ... specifically your DNS settings. I just
repaired a machine where a trojan had changed the DNS server to some rogue
starting with 85. Reset to what they were initially, or obtain
automatically, and this problem goes away. Hopefully you have good enough
antivirus that the software creating this problem has been zapped. I don't
know for sure, but suspect BearShare was the culprit on the machine I just
fixed.

"poppy36" <poppy36.3qn7vb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newsoppy36.3qn7vb@DoNotSpam.com...

> Hi
> Have re installed the router, but this didnt solve the problem.
>
> I am also now having an added problem of outlook express spell check in
> french.
> this is due to re-installing Microsoft office 2007, and outlook express
> 6 dosnt have a english spell check any more..............great fun
>
> I cant download from Microsoft to sort any of this out.
> No windows updates / no intenet explorer etc etc
> Help !!!!
> (do i throw this computer out the window)
> all I can think of is there is a file in windows update, where you
> opena and click on exceptions were if I had the correct file name and
> code I could input in the add a program and see then If I can update,
> its an exe I think
>
> otherwise I am really stuck
>

> --
> poppy36
> poppy36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89727.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1160407.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

dontizzy

Re: windows update gets redirected to google english

i had the same problem sometime ago and didnt know what to do. So i
tried a program called malwarebytes.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

After i run the program and it scanned my computer. i could update my
windows again. This should work for you

--
dontizzy
dontizzy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/93430.htm