Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009
[X-post to WU & WinXP General]

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09!

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
SPAMCOP User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009
Hello Net Nanny

AND?

Anyone using the newsgroups would get free support too for a lot longer

--
SPAMCOP User


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ePypyPFvJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
>
> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09!
>
> • US:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>
> • CA:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>
> • UK:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>
> • AU:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009
Newsgroups are not a source of MS Support

"SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
news:upvpZgFvJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hello Net Nanny
>
> AND?
>
> Anyone using the newsgroups would get free support too for a lot longer
>
> --
> SPAMCOP User
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ePypyPFvJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
>>
>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09!
>>
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
>> select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>
>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
SPAMCOP User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009
DL,

Actually there are many Microsoft staff who scan & use the newsgroups. Plus,
you have the managed newsgroups for Technet & MSDN member like myself so
your facts are untrue

--
SPAMCOP User

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
news:OJwMXoFvJHA.5484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Newsgroups are not a source of MS Support
>
> "SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
> news:upvpZgFvJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hello Net Nanny
>>
>> AND?
>>
>> Anyone using the newsgroups would get free support too for a lot longer
>>
>> --
>> SPAMCOP User
>>
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ePypyPFvJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
>>>
>>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14
>>> Apr-09!
>>>
>>> . US:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> . CA:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> . UK:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> . AU:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> . Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
>>> select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>>
>>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14 April 2009
You are moving off the ng's you posted to and adding another realm

"SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
news:uyBxOrFvJHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> DL,
>
> Actually there are many Microsoft staff who scan & use the newsgroups.
> Plus, you have the managed newsgroups for Technet & MSDN member like
> myself so your facts are untrue
>
> --
> SPAMCOP User
>
> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:OJwMXoFvJHA.5484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Newsgroups are not a source of MS Support
>>
>> "SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
>> news:upvpZgFvJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello Net Nanny
>>>
>>> AND?
>>>
>>> Anyone using the newsgroups would get free support too for a lot longer
>>>
>>> --
>>> SPAMCOP User
>>>
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ePypyPFvJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
>>>>
>>>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>>>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14
>>>> Apr-09!
>>>>
>>>> . US:
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>>
>>>> . CA:
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>>
>>>> . UK:
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>>
>>>> . AU:
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>>
>>>> . Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
>>>> select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>>>
>>>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>

>>
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14
"SPAMCOP User"
I haven't seen any Microsoft staff postings here for a long long time,
perhaps I've missed them and BTW not everyone has "Technet & MSDN membership".

I see you've been volunteering your time on the Newsgroups -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e... lang=en&cr=US

K

"SPAMCOP User" wrote:

> DL,
>
> Actually there are many Microsoft staff who scan & use the newsgroups. Plus,
> you have the managed newsgroups for Technet & MSDN member like myself so
> your facts are untrue
>
> --
> SPAMCOP User
>
> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:OJwMXoFvJHA.5484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Newsgroups are not a source of MS Support
> >
> > "SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
> > news:upvpZgFvJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> Hello Net Nanny
> >>
> >> AND?
> >>
> >> Anyone using the newsgroups would get free support too for a lot longer
> >>
> >> --
> >> SPAMCOP User
> >>
> >>
> >> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ePypyPFvJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >>> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
> >>>
> >>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> >>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14
> >>> Apr-09!
> >>>
> >>> . US:
> >>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >>>
> >>> . CA:
> >>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >>>
> >>> . UK:
> >>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >>>
> >>> . AU:
> >>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >>>
> >>> . Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
> >>> select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
> >>>
> >>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
> >>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
> >>> --
> >>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >>

> >
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2009
PA Bear [MS-MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14April 2009
UPDATE: The free unlimited installation and compatibility support for
WinXP SP3 has been extended (but not indefinitely) beyond the original
14 April 2009 cut-off date.

On Apr 13, 12:19*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> [X-post to WU & WinXP General]
>
> Free, unlimited installation and compatibility supportis available for
> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09!
>
> • US:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • CA:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • UK:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • AU:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • Other:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173| select
> Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installationhttp://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp...
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MSMVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2009
PA Bear [MS-MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WinXP SP3 - Free installation & compatibility support ends 14April 2009
UPDATE: Looks like this free support extension has ended.

You snoozed, you losed.

~~
~PA Bear


On Apr 19, 12:04*pm, "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> UPDATE: The free unlimited installation and compatibility support for
> WinXP SP3 has been extended (but not indefinitely) beyond the original
> 14 April 2009 cut-off date.
>
> On Apr 13, 12:19*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > [X-post to WU & WinXP General]

>
> >Free,unlimitedinstallationandcompatibilitysupport is available for
> > Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only until* 14 Apr-09!

>
> > • US:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...

>
> > • CA:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...

>
> > • UK:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...

>
> > • AU:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...prid=11273&gpr...

>
> > • Other:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173|select
> > Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

>
> > WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successfulinstallationhttp://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp...

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wal-Mart Ends DRM Support Steve General Technology News 0 09-28-2008 13:10
Wal-Mart Ends DRM Support Steve General Technology News 0 09-27-2008 18:00
LHC Offline Until April 2009 (Or Longer) Steve General Technology News 0 09-24-2008 18:30
Installation: 1. Platte WinXP, 2. Platte Vista, dann Winxp lφschen. Philip Sing microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.installation 8 06-10-2007 16:01
Microsoft Ends Support for Windows Server 2003 RTM/Gold, (Wed, May 9th) Steve Security News 0 05-09-2007 23:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:51.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120