Update KB967715

Spartan

Update KB967715
Whenever I run an update check, this update appears a needing to be
installed. It shows that the file is 0 KB abd download time is 0 minutes adn
it is ready to install. I have downloaded and installed it 3 times and it
still shows up.

Prior to running manual updates, I had my computer set on automatic updates.
When I would shut down, it would show that updates were to install prior to
shutting down, but they never would install. When I did it manually, this
would go away until the next time I shut down, the same thing would happen.

Both of these issues occur with the Update for Windows XP (KB967715). How
do i get rid of this annoying update?

HankJS

RE: Update KB967715

"Spartan" wrote:

> Whenever I run an update check, this update appears a needing to be
> installed. It shows that the file is 0 KB abd download time is 0 minutes adn
> it is ready to install. I have downloaded and installed it 3 times and it
> still shows up.
>
> Prior to running manual updates, I had my computer set on automatic updates.
> When I would shut down, it would show that updates were to install prior to
> shutting down, but they never would install. When I did it manually, this
> would go away until the next time I shut down, the same thing would happen.
>
> Both of these issues occur with the Update for Windows XP (KB967715). How
> do i get rid of this annoying update?

I'm having the problem, too. Await the fix for this annoyance.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Update KB967715
Hello Spartan,

See this related thread:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=84775 d82-ed48-4de2-9d6c-799a7461ed27&mid=e5793dae-d6e0-411a-b88f-52634279b12e>

for possible help.

Ǝиçεl
-=-
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

"Spartan" wrote:

> Whenever I run an update check, this update appears a needing to be
> installed. It shows that the file is 0 KB abd download time is 0 minutes adn
> it is ready to install. I have downloaded and installed it 3 times and it
> still shows up.
>
> Prior to running manual updates, I had my computer set on automatic updates.
> When I would shut down, it would show that updates were to install prior to
> shutting down, but they never would install. When I did it manually, this
> would go away until the next time I shut down, the same thing would happen.
>
> Both of these issues occur with the Update for Windows XP (KB967715). How
> do i get rid of this annoying update?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Update KB967715
Hello Hank,

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144/en-us> may help in case the
updates won't install and you've repaired/installed Windows on top
of an existing Windows system.

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

I'm suяe someone else will help you if my suggestion doesn't help.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"HankJS" wrote:

> "Spartan" wrote:
>
> > Whenever I run an update check, this update appears a needing to be
> > installed. It shows that the file is 0 KB abd download time is 0 minutes adn
> > it is ready to install. I have downloaded and installed it 3 times and it
> > still shows up.
> >
> > Prior to running manual updates, I had my computer set on automatic updates.
> > When I would shut down, it would show that updates were to install prior to
> > shutting down, but they never would install. When I did it manually, this
> > would go away until the next time I shut down, the same thing would happen.
> >
> > Both of these issues occur with the Update for Windows XP (KB967715). How
> > do i get rid of this annoying update?
> >

> I'm having the problem, too. Await the fix for this annoyance.

HankJS

RE: Update KB967715
I tried the suggestions given in these references, but no joy. Including the
manual registry edit. I still get the notice to install this update every
time I boot or invoke Windows Update.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Hank,
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144/en-us> may help in case the
> updates won't install and you've repaired/installed Windows on top
> of an existing Windows system.
>

> Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains
>

> I'm suяe someone else will help you if my suggestion doesn't help.
>

> Ǝиçεl
> -=-

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Update KB967715
Spartan wrote:

> Whenever I run an update check, this update appears a needing to be
> installed. It shows that the file is 0 KB abd download time is 0 minutes adn
> it is ready to install. I have downloaded and installed it 3 times and it
> still shows up.
>
> Prior to running manual updates, I had my computer set on automatic updates.
> When I would shut down, it would show that updates were to install prior to
> shutting down, but they never would install. When I did it manually, this
> would go away until the next time I shut down, the same thing would happen.
>
> Both of these issues occur with the Update for Windows XP (KB967715). How
> do i get rid of this annoying update?

Try downloading it from the Microsoft web site and install it in Safe Mode.

Or, if you have Sonic DLA installed, try removing it.

Harry.