Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)

vegasaudioguy

Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
Just got a new computer, and it keeps wanting to install this update...I
"install" it, it "installs", I close the window, then it immediately keeps
wanting me to install it. Can someone please help me work this problem out,
as it is driving me crazy.

Thanks very much!

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
Is KB952069 the only update offered by Windows Update/Automatic Update to
your WinXP SP3 machine?

Is it a brand-new computer or a new-for-you, used or refurbished computer?

vegasaudioguy wrote:
> Just got a new computer, and it keeps wanting to install this update...I
> "install" it, it "installs", I close the window, then it immediately keeps
> wanting me to install it. Can someone please help me work this problem
> out,
> as it is driving me crazy.
>
> Thanks very much!

vegasaudioguy

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
Yes KB952069 is the only update that keeps trying to install over and over.

The computer is a brand new dell mini 9" that I just bought from dell. It
is running XP Home Edition.

Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is KB952069 the only update offered by Windows Update/Automatic Update to
> your WinXP SP3 machine?
>
> Is it a brand-new computer or a new-for-you, used or refurbished computer?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> vegasaudioguy wrote:
> > Just got a new computer, and it keeps wanting to install this update...I
> > "install" it, it "installs", I close the window, then it immediately keeps
> > wanting me to install it. Can someone please help me work this problem
> > out,
> > as it is driving me crazy.
> >
> > Thanks very much!

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB952069).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

vegasaudioguy wrote:
> Yes KB952069 is the only update that keeps trying to install over and
> over.
>
> The computer is a brand new dell mini 9" that I just bought from dell. It
> is running XP Home Edition.
>
> Thanks
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is KB952069 the only update offered by Windows Update/Automatic Update to
>> your WinXP SP3 machine?
>>
>> Is it a brand-new computer or a new-for-you, used or refurbished
>> computer?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> vegasaudioguy wrote:
>>> Just got a new computer, and it keeps wanting to install this update...I
>>> "install" it, it "installs", I close the window, then it immediately
>>> keeps
>>> wanting me to install it. Can someone please help me work this problem
>>> out,
>>> as it is driving me crazy.
>>>
>>> Thanks very much!

Ottmar Freudenberger

"vegasaudioguy" <vegasaudioguy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> Just got a new computer, and it keeps wanting to install this update...I
> "install" it, it "installs", I close the window, then it immediately keeps
> wanting me to install it.

Which version of Windows Media Player is installed on that machine?
Are there any indications in the "KB952069.log" or "KB952069-v2.log"
file(s), which are located in the Windows folder?

Did you reboot Windows in the meantime?

Bye,
Freudi
TattooedLibGal

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)

I had the exact same thing happen to me this week after purchasing a
Dell Mini 10. I spent 2 hours livechatting with Microsoft Tech Support
as they attempted to resolve the problem. In the end he couldn't fix it,
and they're having a more advanced tech call me this week to see if they
can fix it. If I get a fix for it, I'll post it here.

--
TattooedLibGal
TattooedLibGal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/97875.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
[scares me...]

TattooedLibGal wrote:
> I had the exact same thing happen to me this week after purchasing a
> Dell Mini 10. I spent 2 hours livechatting with Microsoft Tech Support
> as they attempted to resolve the problem. In the end he couldn't fix it,
> and they're having a more advanced tech call me this week to see if they
> can fix it. If I get a fix for it, I'll post it here.

moon.orson@gmail.com

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
Having the same problem with a Dell Mini 9, WinXP SP3. Prompts to
install KB952069. Seems to install ok. Then prompts again for the same
update. Rebooting does not make it go away. Oddly, KB952069 appears
multiple times on the log of installed updates, as a successful
update.

Any luck with this?

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
You could begin a new thread about /your/ problem & computer or you could
see the "How to obtain help..." section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952069.

moon.orson@gmail.com wrote:
> Having the same problem with a Dell Mini 9, WinXP SP3. Prompts to
> install KB952069. Seems to install ok. Then prompts again for the same
> update. Rebooting does not make it go away. Oddly, KB952069 appears
> multiple times on the log of installed updates, as a successful
> update.
>
> Any luck with this?

moon.orson@gmail.com

Re: Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
FYI - found this solution:
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1089049.htm

Apparently, this can happen when Windows Media Player has not been
updated to the latest version. Since it's an optional update, it
doesn't happen automatically. After installing WMP 11 and rebooting,
KB952069 installed properly, and other updates followed.

I'm seeing a reference to WMP earlier in this thread, which leads me
to gather that this particular solution may have been posted elsewhere
in this group, but just not in this particular thread. If so, I
apologize for the redundancy!