Seems to be un-installed

Spencer

Seems to be un-installed
Ok, well I recieved a virus a few days ago and i finally got rid of it, but
in the process the virus seems to have un-installed my Windows update. I have
tried google and many other places but have not found a solution. Please help.

Windows xp home, SP3

Re: Seems to be un-installed
There is a very good chance that you are still seeing the affects of the
infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Spencer wrote:
> Ok, well I recieved a virus a few days ago and i finally got rid of it,
> but
> in the process the virus seems to have un-installed my Windows update. I
> have tried google and many other places but have not found a solution.
> Please help.
>
> Windows xp home, SP3

Spencer

Re: Seems to be un-installed
Well, I am running the first file you gave me now and it found one file so
far. If it helps i was told to go to start>run>services.msc>automatic updates
and start it and an error saying "could not start the Automatic updates
service on local computer. error 2: the system cannot find the file specified"

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There is a very good chance that you are still seeing the affects of the
> infection.

> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!
>
> 2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> or other appropriate forums.**

> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Spencer wrote:
> > Ok, well I recieved a virus a few days ago and i finally got rid of it,
> > but
> > in the process the virus seems to have un-installed my Windows update. I
> > have tried google and many other places but have not found a solution.
> > Please help.
> >
> > Windows xp home, SP3

Re: Seems to be un-installed
Now do #2 and #3.

Spencer wrote:
> Well, I am running the first file you gave me now and it found one file so
> far. If it helps i was told to go to start>run>services.msc>automatic
> updates and start it and an error saying "could not start the Automatic
> updates service on local computer. error 2: the system cannot find the
> file
> specified"
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is a very good chance that you are still seeing the affects of the
>> infection.
>>
>> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!
>>
>> 2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
>> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
>> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
>>
>> **Seek expert assistance in
>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> =====================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Spencer wrote:
>>> Ok, well I recieved a virus a few days ago and i finally got rid of it,
>>> but
>>> in the process the virus seems to have un-installed my Windows update. I
>>> have tried google and many other places but have not found a solution.
>>> Please help.
>>>
>>> Windows xp home, SP3

silvia

RE: Seems to be un-installed