A Windows Update instalation failled

800706BE

A Windows Update instalation failled
My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and I've been having some
problems with Windows Update; the application failed to install any updates
..When i go to the history of failed updates i pointed the
reason for this failure was given the error code 800706BE.
I had got the no help regarding this problem on any forum. Please help me to
sort out this problem.
MowGreen

Re: A Windows Update instalation failled
0x800706BE RPC_S_CALL_FAILED

*Right* click Computer on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Manage.
Service and Applications > Services
*Right* click Remote Procedure Call (RPC), choose Properties.
Look next to Service status:
Is it Started ?

Now do the same for RPC Endpoint Manager.
Is it Started ?

Now check DCOM Server Process Launcher.
Is it Started ?

Now check Windows Modules Installer.
What's the Startup type ?
If Service status is Stopped, click the Start button.
Can the service be started ?
If the Service status is Started, can you stop and restart it ?

In most cases, the 0x800706BE error indicates that the Windows Modules
Installer [TrustedInstaller.exe] has failed.
That may be a sign of file corruption or be due to the presence of
'incompatible' software [ex: Security software such as an antivirus
program, security suite, or even malware]

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

800706BE wrote:

> My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and I've been having some
> problems with Windows Update; the application failed to install any updates
> .When i go to the history of failed updates i pointed the
> reason for this failure was given the error code 800706BE.
> I had got the no help regarding this problem on any forum. Please help me to
> sort out this problem.

800706BE

Re: A Windows Update instalation failled

Hi Mow,
I go through the steps as suggested but i caanot find the RPC Endpoint
Manager in the services menu.Windows Modules Installer has at stop and manual
position. I restarted it but still faces the problem.
My computer is preloded with McAfee antivirus 30 days trial version and
currently i am using AVG8.0 full version. My computer running slow day by day
and sometimes it freezes out.I tried to run "sfc /scannow" and it shows that
windows resource protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix
some of them.
i also tried to stop windows update service by "net stop wuauserv" but it
shows notification that " the windows update service could not be stopped".
Please tell me what should i do now? i don't want to reinstall windows vista
again as it involved loss of my huge saved documents and softwares.
"MowGreen" wrote:

> 0x800706BE RPC_S_CALL_FAILED
>
> *Right* click Computer on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Manage.
> Service and Applications > Services
> *Right* click Remote Procedure Call (RPC), choose Properties.
> Look next to Service status:
> Is it Started ?
>
> Now do the same for RPC Endpoint Manager.
> Is it Started ?
>
> Now check DCOM Server Process Launcher.
> Is it Started ?
>
> Now check Windows Modules Installer.
> What's the Startup type ?
> If Service status is Stopped, click the Start button.
> Can the service be started ?
> If the Service status is Started, can you stop and restart it ?
>

> In most cases, the 0x800706BE error indicates that the Windows Modules
> Installer [TrustedInstaller.exe] has failed.
> That may be a sign of file corruption or be due to the presence of
> 'incompatible' software [ex: Security software such as an antivirus
> program, security suite, or even malware]
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> 800706BE wrote:
>
> > My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and I've been having some
> > problems with Windows Update; the application failed to install any updates
> > .When i go to the history of failed updates i pointed the
> > reason for this failure was given the error code 800706BE.
> > I had got the no help regarding this problem on any forum. Please help me to
> > sort out this problem.

MowGreen

Re: A Windows Update instalation failled
Howdy ... is McAfee monitoring the system at the same time as AVG is ?
Running two antivirus programs concurrently is asking for trouble.
The failure of the System File Checker to run and the message it gives
indicates that either the OS needs to be repaired or reinstalled.
You could try an 'in place upgrade' which should/would preserve your
saved docs and software.

Repair A Vista Installation Using The Upgrade Option Of The Vista DVD
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_..._vista_dvd.htm

In any case, desired data should be backed up on a regular schedule so
that you don't lose it.
Burn them to a CD/DVD or an external USB drive ASAP !

Prior to attempting an 'in place upgrade', uninstall McAfee, and run
their removal tool afterwards to ensure no traces of it are left:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

If you choose to reformat and reinstall, the first thing to do
afterwards is to uninstall McAfee from Add/Remove Programs in the
Control Panel, then run their removal tool.
Prior to installing AVG, allow the system to install needed updates, no
more than 4 or at a time, reliablity and performance updates installing
first, then the Security updates, next.
After installing all of the above, then install AVG.

The system will definitely perform more reliably if you do the above.

MowGreen
===============
-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

800706BE wrote:

> Hi Mow,
> I go through the steps as suggested but i caanot find the RPC Endpoint
> Manager in the services menu.Windows Modules Installer has at stop and manual
> position. I restarted it but still faces the problem.
> My computer is preloded with McAfee antivirus 30 days trial version and
> currently i am using AVG8.0 full version. My computer running slow day by day
> and sometimes it freezes out.I tried to run "sfc /scannow" and it shows that
> windows resource protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix
> some of them.
> i also tried to stop windows update service by "net stop wuauserv" but it
> shows notification that " the windows update service could not be stopped".
> Please tell me what should i do now? i don't want to reinstall windows vista
> again as it involved loss of my huge saved documents and softwares.
> "MowGreen" wrote:
>

>>0x800706BE RPC_S_CALL_FAILED
>>
>>*Right* click Computer on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Manage.
>>Service and Applications > Services
>>*Right* click Remote Procedure Call (RPC), choose Properties.
>>Look next to Service status:
>>Is it Started ?
>>
>>Now do the same for RPC Endpoint Manager.
>>Is it Started ?
>>
>>Now check DCOM Server Process Launcher.
>>Is it Started ?
>>
>>Now check Windows Modules Installer.
>>What's the Startup type ?
>>If Service status is Stopped, click the Start button.
>>Can the service be started ?
>>If the Service status is Started, can you stop and restart it ?
>>

>>In most cases, the 0x800706BE error indicates that the Windows Modules
>>Installer [TrustedInstaller.exe] has failed.
>>That may be a sign of file corruption or be due to the presence of
>>'incompatible' software [ex: Security software such as an antivirus
>>program, security suite, or even malware]
>>

>>MowGreen
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>800706BE wrote:
>>

>>>My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and I've been having some
>>> problems with Windows Update; the application failed to install any updates
>>>.When i go to the history of failed updates i pointed the
>>>reason for this failure was given the error code 800706BE.
>>>I had got the no help regarding this problem on any forum. Please help me to
>>>sort out this problem.

Re: A Windows Update instalation failled
[Is there an echo in here? ...in here? ...in here?]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> [Is there an echo in here? ...in here? ...in here?]

Wow. 3 same posts posted at the same time. Perhaps I should have bought
a lottery ticket ? <w>

MG