windows update error code 80244019

HummerH3

windows update error code 80244019
I haven't been able to update my computer since 3-05-09 I get an error code
80244019 need help>>>

Re: windows update error code 80244019
Need full Windows version.

There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

HummerH3 wrote:
> I haven't been able to update my computer since 3-05-09 I get an error
> code
> 80244019 need help>>>

SF

Re: windows update error code 80244019
I am unable to download the MSRT - when I click on download I get the
folloing message in the new window:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you
want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page
you want to view.

any advice?

Thanks,
SF

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Need full Windows version.
>
> There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
> hijackware infection.

> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!
>
> 2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> or other appropriate forums.**

> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> HummerH3 wrote:
> > I haven't been able to update my computer since 3-05-09 I get an error
> > code
> > 80244019 need help>>>

Re: windows update error code 80244019
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

PS: You might consider downloading the tool on an uninfected computer...

Updated canned reply:

SF wrote:
> I am unable to download the MSRT - when I click on download I get the
> folloing message in the new window:
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
>
> Most likely causes:
> You are not connected to the Internet.
> The website is encountering problems.
> There might be a typing error in the address.
>
> What you can try:
> Diagnose Connection Problems
>
> More information
>
> This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
>
> Internet connectivity has been lost.
> The website is temporarily unavailable.
> The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
> The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
> domain.
> If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
> click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
> under the security section.
>
> For offline users
>
> You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
> To view subscribed feeds
>
> Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed
> you
> want to view.
>
> To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
>
> Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
> Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page
> you want to view.
>
> any advice?

SF

Re: windows update error code 80244019
Thank you for your help - I used your adive from your previous post. Since I
could not run defender I went to CNET and downloaded another malware removal
tool - it was successful and I am able to access windows update.

Thanks again