KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3

Azren

KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3
Is there a way to integrate KB905474 into a slipstream cd of windows XP with
SP3 integrated already ? I have tried the standard method of "kb905474
/integrate c:\xpsp3" but it does not seem to work. Has anyone or does anyone
know how to integrate the WGA into winxpsp3 ?
Shenan Stanley

Re: KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3
Azren wrote:
> Is there a way to integrate KB905474 into a slipstream cd of windows XP
> with
> SP3 integrated already ? I have tried the standard method of "kb905474
> /integrate c:\xpsp3" but it does not seem to work. Has anyone or does
> anyone
> know how to integrate the WGA into winxpsp3 ?

Fairly certain the answer is, "No, it cannot be done".

Having done the integration thing for years - I'll offer some advice:
- Integrate all you can easily - especially the big stuff (service packs).
- Install as much as you can of what you couldn't integrate in T-13 or
Post-Installation scripts.
- Let the rest go - it's not that big of a deal or worth it to worry over
some of them - particularly the ones that have and will continue to change.

Good luck!

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Azren

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Azren wrote:
> > Is there a way to integrate KB905474 into a slipstream cd of windows XP
> > with
> > SP3 integrated already ? I have tried the standard method of "kb905474
> > /integrate c:\xpsp3" but it does not seem to work. Has anyone or does
> > anyone
> > know how to integrate the WGA into winxpsp3 ?

> Fairly certain the answer is, "No, it cannot be done".
>
> Having done the integration thing for years - I'll offer some advice:
> - Integrate all you can easily - especially the big stuff (service packs).
> - Install as much as you can of what you couldn't integrate in T-13 or
> Post-Installation scripts.
> - "Let the rest go - it's not that big of a deal or worth it to worry over
> some of them - particularly the ones that have and will continue to change.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> I only want to integrate this one because it requires clicking next to get it to install as opposed to most of the other updates the simply install without the need for user interaction.

Re: KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3
No and why would you want to do such a thing in the first place? KB905474
is very frequently revised/re-released: If you choose to install any version
of it, you will have to choose to install any newer versions, as well.

Azren wrote:
> Is there a way to integrate KB905474 into a slipstream cd of windows XP
> with
> SP3 integrated already ? I have tried the standard method of "kb905474
> /integrate c:\xpsp3" but it does not seem to work. Has anyone or does
> anyone
> know how to integrate the WGA into winxpsp3 ?

Azren

Re: KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3
I think I already posted why I want to. Also If a new version comes out then
I would just integrate that one. My motives are not what I am asking to be
questioned. I simply would like to integrate something that microsoft is
fairly insistent upon having installed.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> No and why would you want to do such a thing in the first place? KB905474
> is very frequently revised/re-released: If you choose to install any version
> of it, you will have to choose to install any newer versions, as well.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Azren wrote:
> > Is there a way to integrate KB905474 into a slipstream cd of windows XP
> > with
> > SP3 integrated already ? I have tried the standard method of "kb905474
> > /integrate c:\xpsp3" but it does not seem to work. Has anyone or does
> > anyone
> > know how to integrate the WGA into winxpsp3 ?

Re: KB905474 integrate into slipstream XPSP3
No matter what your motive, it can't be done.

PS: KB905474 is an Optional update and always has been

Azren wrote:
> I only want to integrate this one because it requires
> clicking next to get it to install as opposed to most
> of the other updates the simply install without the
> need for user interaction.

I understand your reasoning - without a doubt; however - if the system is
set to automatically update and/or using a WSUS server - this should not be
a problem. If neither of those are true - I cannot see this issue coming up
that often. ;-)

You can peruse two of the better Unattended Instructional sites (IMO) out
there for Windows XP to see what you find - but in my experience (of looking
for myself for this one) - you will find nothing - or a hack that just fools
it(sometimes) and only temporarily.

http://unattended.msfn.org/
(The instructions and the forums.)

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/
(The CVS Repository/scripts are good to look through.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP