Problems with Internet Explorer 8

BigDaddyRich

Problems with Internet Explorer 8
I downloaded Internet Explorer on our Dell Dimension desktop computer. Ever
since, a Bell South Pop Up Blocker mini-screen keeps appearing everytime we
log on, and it interferes with signing on to Internet Explorer. (It does not
do that with Mozilla Firefox.) We have not used Bell South as our ISP in
years, but we cannot delete the program from our computer. Any help anyone
can give us is appreciated.

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 8
Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader:

BigDaddyRich wrote:
> I downloaded Internet Explorer on our Dell Dimension desktop computer.
> Ever
> since, a Bell South Pop Up Blocker mini-screen keeps appearing everytime
> we
> log on, and it interferes with signing on to Internet Explorer. (It does
> not do that with Mozilla Firefox.) We have not used Bell South as our ISP
> in years, but we cannot delete the program from our computer. Any help
> anyone can give us is appreciated.

TaurArian

RE: Problems with Internet Explorer 8
Did you by any chance either by design of accidently install a Bellsouth
toolbar?
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=be...bar&hl=en&sa=2

"BigDaddyRich" wrote:

> I downloaded Internet Explorer on our Dell Dimension desktop computer. Ever
> since, a Bell South Pop Up Blocker mini-screen keeps appearing everytime we
> log on, and it interferes with signing on to Internet Explorer. (It does not
> do that with Mozilla Firefox.) We have not used Bell South as our ISP in
> years, but we cannot delete the program from our computer. Any help anyone
> can give us is appreciated.

BigDaddyRich

RE: Problems with Internet Explorer 8
No, I don't believe I did. We've never been able to delete the BellSouth
internet program from our system even after we began using Verizon as our ISP.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Did you by any chance either by design of accidently install a Bellsouth
> toolbar?
> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=be...bar&hl=en&sa=2
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "BigDaddyRich" wrote:
>
> > I downloaded Internet Explorer on our Dell Dimension desktop computer. Ever
> > since, a Bell South Pop Up Blocker mini-screen keeps appearing everytime we
> > log on, and it interferes with signing on to Internet Explorer. (It does not
> > do that with Mozilla Firefox.) We have not used Bell South as our ISP in
> > years, but we cannot delete the program from our computer. Any help anyone
> > can give us is appreciated.

TaurArian

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 8
Have you researched how to remove it by other means?

http://securityhelp.bellsouth.net/in...Id=53&catId=13

Perhaps if it's gone, the problem you're experience may also disappear.

BigDaddyRich wrote:
:: No, I don't believe I did. We've never been able to delete the
:: BellSouth internet program from our system even after we began using
:: Verizon as our ISP.
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: Did you by any chance either by design of accidently install a
::: Bellsouth toolbar?
::: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=be...bar&hl=en&sa=2
:::
::: --
::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
::: warranties or guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
:::
:::
:::
::: "BigDaddyRich" wrote:
:::
:::: I downloaded Internet Explorer on our Dell Dimension desktop
:::: computer. Ever since, a Bell South Pop Up Blocker mini-screen
:::: keeps appearing everytime we log on, and it interferes with
:::: signing on to Internet Explorer. (It does not do that with
:::: Mozilla Firefox.) We have not used Bell South as our ISP in
:::: years, but we cannot delete the program from our computer. Any
:::: help anyone can give us is appreciated.

Re: Problems with Internet Explorer 8
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ef851bb85c714e

[BigDaddyRich's first post in the thread has gone missing. Such behavior
has been a known-issue for several weeks now and the person in charge of
getting it fixed is on vacation through 13 April. Meanwhile, no one is
minding the @#$% store!]