Re: Windows Update error code 80070424

zbd

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424

Last suggestion did not work. Like hcf7851, I continue to get error
codes 80070424 and 0x8007005. Using vista home premium 64 bit and I
have searched all over google for days and still no updates. There
must be someone to figure this out.

--
zbd
zbd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88140.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

hcf7851

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424

I gave up after almost 3 weeks and formatted the drive and reinstalled
windows and it is working fine now.

--
hcf7851
hcf7851's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76474.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/693206.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424
Wise decision!

hcf7851 wrote:
> I gave up after almost 3 weeks and formatted the drive and reinstalled
> windows and it is working fine now.

zbd

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424

I also gave up after several days of trying everything suggested on
google sites. Made a clean install of original Vista. MS did answer and
gave some suggestions. *Here is what MS said for others who have this
same problem*:

1. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click
"Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If
you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the
password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following command, and press enter.

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

You will get a "DllRegisterServer in wuaueng.dll succeeded" window.

4. Then, please move on to enter the following commands one by one. A
success notification will be received after each command.

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL

Let’s now try Windows Update again and see if the issue has been
resolved. If the issue persists, please collect the following
information for further research.

How to capture a screenshot
=================
1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click the "Start" Button, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press
Enter.
3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste". Then
click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the
"File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".
5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the
"Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click
"Save".

Please send this saved JPEG file to my email account at
v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com.

How to collect the System Information
=============================
The System Information can provide us with more information about the
current status of the system. I would like to check it for you. Please
send it to me using the following steps:

1. Click the "Start" Button, type "MSINFO32" in the Search Bar and
press Enter to start System Information.
2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click "File", and click
"Save", type a file name and then choose NFO as "Save as type", click
"Desktop" on the left pane, and click "Save".

Please send it as an attachment to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com. If
the file is too large to be sent, please right-click on the exported
file, choose "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) Folder", and then send
the zip file to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com for further research.

How to collect the WindowsUpdate.log file
================================
1. Click the "Start" Button, type "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the
quotes) in the Search Bar and Press Enter. We will see a file named
"WindowsUpdate.log"
2. Now click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".
3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the "Save" button.

The file will be saved to your Desktop. Please send the file as an
attachment in an email to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com.

Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending
on the email application being used. While you are composing the email,
most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or
Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this
button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it
by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on
the "Attach" button.

Please try my suggestion and let me know the results at your earliest
convenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to
let me know.

--
zbd
zbd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88140.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/693206.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

tabs1975

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424

Thank You Very Much This Helped Me Alot I Can Now Update My Vista 64

--
tabs1975
tabs1975's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/115010.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/693206.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

OcalaGuru

Re: Windows Update error code 80070424
I am also having the same error code. Tried all of the suggestions above and
register the dll files, but update still does not function. This is a brand
new laptop that successfully updated windows when first activated. Now it
wont update at all. Looks like a total windows install is in order for me.
Drat.

"zbd" wrote:

> [...]
> 2. Now click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".
> 3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the "Save" button.
>
> The file will be saved to your Desktop. Please send the file as an
> attachment in an email to v-30niwa@mssupport.microsoft.com.
>
> Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending
> on the email application being used. While you are composing the email,
> most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or
> Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this
> button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it
> by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on
> the "Attach" button.
>
> Please try my suggestion and let me know the results at your earliest
> convenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to

TaurArian

OcalaGuru wrote:
:: I am also having the same error code. Tried all of the suggestions
:: above and previous posts to no avail. This last suggestion at least
:: enabled me to register the dll files, but update still does not
:: function. This is a brand new laptop that successfully updated
:: windows when first activated. Now it wont update at all. Looks
:: like a total windows install is in order for me. Drat.
::
::
::
:: "zbd" wrote:
::
:::
::: =================
::: =============================
::: ================================
[...]
::: --
::: zbd
::: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
::: zbd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88140.htm
::: View this thread:
::: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/693206.htm
:::
::: http://forums.techarena.in

Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to
install updates: 0x80070424
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002/

You cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature on a Windows XP Service
Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916261
The Automatic Updates feature is turned off in the Security Center.
Additionally, you cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature.
When you try to install updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site,
you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
0x80070424

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org