Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

problem with KB840987

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009
Shahin
 

Posts: n/a
problem with KB840987
Hi,

I having a problem with some of the windows 2000 server updates, such as
KB835732 and KB840987 I did install them manually and reboot the server, but
when I look at the add and remove programs I can not see them there and when
I run the security analayzer it says these update should be installed on the
server. if I look at the winnt I can see the logs and the folder to uninstall
these updates, I send you the logs of KB840987 I hoop some one can help me
with this issue:

0.438: 2009/04/01 14:01:53.984 (local)
0.438: e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\UPDATE.EXE (version 5.5.31.0)
0.438: Service Pack started with following command line:
1.984: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
1.984: Destination:
1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
1.984: Destination:
1.984: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
1.984: Destination:
1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
1.984: Destination:
1.984: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.IS
2.000: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
2.031: IncludeDirectoryIdFromInfSection: No DirId found for:
DontRemoveOnUninst.DirId
2.031: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for
e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\update.inf failed
2.047: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
0xe0000102
2.078: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
2.078: Starting AnalyzeComponents
2.078: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
2.078: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
2.828: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 750 ticks
2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
2.828: AnalyzePhaseTwo used 0 ticks
2.828: AnalyzePhaseThree used 0 ticks
2.828: AnalyzePhaseFive used 0 ticks
2.844: AnalyzePhaseSix used 16 ticks
5.797: AnalyzeComponents used 3719 ticks
5.797: Downloading 0 files
5.797: bPatchMode = FALSE
5.797: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=0, 3766 ticks
6.563: CreateUninstall = 0,Directory = C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB840987$
6.563: Num Ticks for invent : 4532
6.563: Allocation size of drive C: is 4096 bytes, free space = 9782562816
bytes
6.578: Drive C: free 9329MB req: 5MB w/uninstall 0MB
6.578: CabinetBuild complete
6.578: Num Ticks for Cabinet build : 15
6.578: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
0xe0000102
6.828: PFE2: Not avoiding Per File Exceptions.
8.688: Num Ticks for Copying files : 2110
8.703: Num Ticks for Reg update and deleting 0 size files : 15
8.719: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
8.719: Destination:
8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
8.719: Destination:
8.719: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
8.719: Destination:
8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
8.719: Destination:
8.719: UpdateSpUpdSvcInf: Source [ProcessesToRunAfterReboot] section is
empty; nothing to do.
8.734: VerifySize: Unable to verify size: Source = NULL: c:\winnt\oem25.cat
10.203: RebootNecessary = 0,WizardInput = 0 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0




Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problem with KB840987
(cross-post added to Win2000 WU)
"Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF27778A-1168-47A9-A771-E624A7F665CA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I having a problem with some of the windows 2000 server updates, such as
> KB835732 and KB840987 I did install them manually and reboot the server, but
> when I look at the add and remove programs I can not see them there and when
> I run the security analayzer it says these update should be installed on the
> server. if I look at the winnt I can see the logs and the folder to uninstall
> these updates, I send you the logs of KB840987 I hoop some one can help me
> with this issue:



Does that install have a verbose option for it from the command line?
I don't think you are getting enough clues from the log about
what is happening with it. Otherwise having another user's
log of a successful install for comparison purposes might help.
Another option would be using ProcMon to supplement whatever
diagnostics you do find.

BTW are you doing a boot before you test with MBSA?
I can see that the log says it shouldn't be necessary
but you never know--sometimes rebooting changes things
for the better. ; )


Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


>
> 0.438: 2009/04/01 14:01:53.984 (local)
> 0.438: e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\UPDATE.EXE (version 5.5.31.0)
> 0.438: Service Pack started with following command line:
> 1.984: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
> 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> 1.984: Destination:
> 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> 1.984: Destination:
> 1.984: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
> 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> 1.984: Destination:
> 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> 1.984: Destination:
> 1.984: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.IS
> 2.000: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
> 2.031: IncludeDirectoryIdFromInfSection: No DirId found for:
> DontRemoveOnUninst.DirId
> 2.031: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for
> e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\update.inf failed
> 2.047: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
> 0xe0000102
> 2.078: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
> 2.078: Starting AnalyzeComponents
> 2.078: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
> 2.078: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
> 2.828: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 750 ticks
> 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
> 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
> 2.828: AnalyzePhaseTwo used 0 ticks
> 2.828: AnalyzePhaseThree used 0 ticks
> 2.828: AnalyzePhaseFive used 0 ticks
> 2.844: AnalyzePhaseSix used 16 ticks
> 5.797: AnalyzeComponents used 3719 ticks
> 5.797: Downloading 0 files
> 5.797: bPatchMode = FALSE
> 5.797: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=0, 3766 ticks
> 6.563: CreateUninstall = 0,Directory = C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB840987$
> 6.563: Num Ticks for invent : 4532
> 6.563: Allocation size of drive C: is 4096 bytes, free space = 9782562816
> bytes
> 6.578: Drive C: free 9329MB req: 5MB w/uninstall 0MB
> 6.578: CabinetBuild complete
> 6.578: Num Ticks for Cabinet build : 15
> 6.578: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
> 0xe0000102
> 6.828: PFE2: Not avoiding Per File Exceptions.
> 8.688: Num Ticks for Copying files : 2110
> 8.703: Num Ticks for Reg update and deleting 0 size files : 15
> 8.719: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
> 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> 8.719: Destination:
> 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> 8.719: Destination:
> 8.719: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
> 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> 8.719: Destination:
> 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> 8.719: Destination:
> 8.719: UpdateSpUpdSvcInf: Source [ProcessesToRunAfterReboot] section is
> empty; nothing to do.
> 8.734: VerifySize: Unable to verify size: Source = NULL: c:\winnt\oem25.cat
> 10.203: RebootNecessary = 0,WizardInput = 0 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2009
Shahin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problem with KB840987
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your update,

I did install the updates with Admin account, with which acount should I try
this again? or did I miss understood your comments. and yes we did reboot the
server before running the MBSA again.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to Win2000 WU)
> "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF27778A-1168-47A9-A771-E624A7F665CA@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I having a problem with some of the windows 2000 server updates, such as
> > KB835732 and KB840987 I did install them manually and reboot the server, but
> > when I look at the add and remove programs I can not see them there and when
> > I run the security analayzer it says these update should be installed on the
> > server. if I look at the winnt I can see the logs and the folder to uninstall
> > these updates, I send you the logs of KB840987 I hoop some one can help me
> > with this issue:

>
>
> Does that install have a verbose option for it from the command line?
> I don't think you are getting enough clues from the log about
> what is happening with it. Otherwise having another user's
> log of a successful install for comparison purposes might help.
> Another option would be using ProcMon to supplement whatever
> diagnostics you do find.
>
> BTW are you doing a boot before you test with MBSA?
> I can see that the log says it shouldn't be necessary
> but you never know--sometimes rebooting changes things
> for the better. ; )
>
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
>
> >
> > 0.438: 2009/04/01 14:01:53.984 (local)
> > 0.438: e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\UPDATE.EXE (version 5.5.31.0)
> > 0.438: Service Pack started with following command line:
> > 1.984: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
> > 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> > 1.984: Destination:
> > 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> > 1.984: Destination:
> > 1.984: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
> > 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> > 1.984: Destination:
> > 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> > 1.984: Destination:
> > 1.984: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.IS
> > 2.000: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
> > 2.031: IncludeDirectoryIdFromInfSection: No DirId found for:
> > DontRemoveOnUninst.DirId
> > 2.031: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for
> > e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\update.inf failed
> > 2.047: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
> > 0xe0000102
> > 2.078: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
> > 2.078: Starting AnalyzeComponents
> > 2.078: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
> > 2.078: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 750 ticks
> > 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
> > 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseTwo used 0 ticks
> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseThree used 0 ticks
> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseFive used 0 ticks
> > 2.844: AnalyzePhaseSix used 16 ticks
> > 5.797: AnalyzeComponents used 3719 ticks
> > 5.797: Downloading 0 files
> > 5.797: bPatchMode = FALSE
> > 5.797: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=0, 3766 ticks
> > 6.563: CreateUninstall = 0,Directory = C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB840987$
> > 6.563: Num Ticks for invent : 4532
> > 6.563: Allocation size of drive C: is 4096 bytes, free space = 9782562816
> > bytes
> > 6.578: Drive C: free 9329MB req: 5MB w/uninstall 0MB
> > 6.578: CabinetBuild complete
> > 6.578: Num Ticks for Cabinet build : 15
> > 6.578: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
> > 0xe0000102
> > 6.828: PFE2: Not avoiding Per File Exceptions.
> > 8.688: Num Ticks for Copying files : 2110
> > 8.703: Num Ticks for Reg update and deleting 0 size files : 15
> > 8.719: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
> > 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> > 8.719: Destination:
> > 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> > 8.719: Destination:
> > 8.719: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
> > 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
> > 8.719: Destination:
> > 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
> > 8.719: Destination:
> > 8.719: UpdateSpUpdSvcInf: Source [ProcessesToRunAfterReboot] section is
> > empty; nothing to do.
> > 8.734: VerifySize: Unable to verify size: Source = NULL: c:\winnt\oem25.cat
> > 10.203: RebootNecessary = 0,WizardInput = 0 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0
> >
> >
> >
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problem with KB840987

"Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A206D3DB-E533-49D2-B5D4-9F32908849DF@microsoft.com...
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for your update,
>
> I did install the updates with Admin account, with which acount should I try
> this again? or did I miss understood your comments.



I'm suggesting finding the logs from an identical machine
which has successfully installed the update in question.
Use those logs to check for differences in yours.

I don't use your OS so I can't help in that regard.
That's why I'm cross-posting to a W2K NG
in case someone there would like to comment
about your log.


> and yes we did reboot the server before running the MBSA again.



And did you try to see if there is a verbose logging option
for that update? (My _first_ suggestion.) ; )

Seems that it should.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms04-032.mspx

Even if the /help switch doesn't list it...

<quote>
Note You can combine these switches into one command. For backward
compatibility, the security update also supports the setup switches that the
previous version of the setup utility uses. For more information about the
supported installation switches, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
262841.
</quote>

....I would try adding /verbose to your comand line.

<title>Command-line switches for Windows software update packages</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;262841

<quote>
/verbose Enable verbose logging.
Creates %Windir%\CabBuild.log upon install that details files to be copied.
Using this switch may cause the installation to occur much slower.
Version 5.3.24.3 and later versions support the /verbose switch.
For compatibility with older versions, the /v switch can be used.
</quote>


Good luck

Robert
---


>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>
>> (cross-post added to Win2000 WU)
>> "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF27778A-1168-47A9-A771-E624A7F665CA@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I having a problem with some of the windows 2000 server updates, such as
>> > KB835732 and KB840987 I did install them manually and reboot the server, but
>> > when I look at the add and remove programs I can not see them there and when
>> > I run the security analayzer it says these update should be installed on the
>> > server. if I look at the winnt I can see the logs and the folder to uninstall
>> > these updates, I send you the logs of KB840987 I hoop some one can help me
>> > with this issue:

>>
>>
>> Does that install have a verbose option for it from the command line?
>> I don't think you are getting enough clues from the log about
>> what is happening with it. Otherwise having another user's
>> log of a successful install for comparison purposes might help.
>> Another option would be using ProcMon to supplement whatever
>> diagnostics you do find.
>>
>> BTW are you doing a boot before you test with MBSA?
>> I can see that the log says it shouldn't be necessary
>> but you never know--sometimes rebooting changes things
>> for the better. ; )
>>
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Robert Aldwinckle
>> ---
>>
>>
>> >
>> > 0.438: 2009/04/01 14:01:53.984 (local)
>> > 0.438: e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\UPDATE.EXE (version 5.5.31.0)
>> > 0.438: Service Pack started with following command line:
>> > 1.984: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
>> > 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
>> > 1.984: Destination:
>> > 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
>> > 1.984: Destination:
>> > 1.984: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
>> > 1.984: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
>> > 1.984: Destination:
>> > 1.984: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
>> > 1.984: Destination:
>> > 1.984: SetProductTypes: InfProductBuildType=BuildType.IS
>> > 2.000: SetAltOsLoaderPath: No section uses DirId 65701; done.
>> > 2.031: IncludeDirectoryIdFromInfSection: No DirId found for:
>> > DontRemoveOnUninst.DirId
>> > 2.031: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for
>> > e:\1561c589d027fa020be2e3fbd1a2\update\update.inf failed
>> > 2.047: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
>> > 0xe0000102
>> > 2.078: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent
>> > 2.078: Starting AnalyzeComponents
>> > 2.078: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks
>> > 2.078: OEM file scan used 0 ticks
>> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseOne: used 750 ticks
>> > 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatch analysis disabled; skipping.
>> > 2.828: AnalyzeComponents: Hotpatching is disabled.
>> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseTwo used 0 ticks
>> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseThree used 0 ticks
>> > 2.828: AnalyzePhaseFive used 0 ticks
>> > 2.844: AnalyzePhaseSix used 16 ticks
>> > 5.797: AnalyzeComponents used 3719 ticks
>> > 5.797: Downloading 0 files
>> > 5.797: bPatchMode = FALSE
>> > 5.797: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=0, 3766 ticks
>> > 6.563: CreateUninstall = 0,Directory = C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB840987$
>> > 6.563: Num Ticks for invent : 4532
>> > 6.563: Allocation size of drive C: is 4096 bytes, free space = 9782562816
>> > bytes
>> > 6.578: Drive C: free 9329MB req: 5MB w/uninstall 0MB
>> > 6.578: CabinetBuild complete
>> > 6.578: Num Ticks for Cabinet build : 15
>> > 6.578: LoadFileQueues: SetupGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed:
>> > 0xe0000102
>> > 6.828: PFE2: Not avoiding Per File Exceptions.
>> > 8.688: Num Ticks for Copying files : 2110
>> > 8.703: Num Ticks for Reg update and deleting 0 size files : 15
>> > 8.719: ---- Old Information In The Registry ------
>> > 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
>> > 8.719: Destination:
>> > 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
>> > 8.719: Destination:
>> > 8.719: ---- New Information In The Registry ------
>> > 8.719: Source:C:\WINNT\system32\_000001_.tmp (5.0.2195.6905)
>> > 8.719: Destination:
>> > 8.719: Source:e:\8f69a81e0b9873d239507d5a1214a831
>> > 8.719: Destination:
>> > 8.719: UpdateSpUpdSvcInf: Source [ProcessesToRunAfterReboot] section is
>> > empty; nothing to do.
>> > 8.734: VerifySize: Unable to verify size: Source = NULL: c:\winnt\oem25.cat
>> > 10.203: RebootNecessary = 0,WizardInput = 0 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>>
>>




Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE7 Freezes Randomly, Using Vista Ultimate 64-bit + Home Page Load Problem + IE 64-bit Flash Player Problem Susan microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 6 01-22-2009 02:34
Multi-select problem in Windows Explorer BIG PROBLEM!!!!!! =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEhhbnNlbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 12-17-2007 03:09
Generic McAfee Problem Message in Vista Problem Reports cyberbuff53 microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 12-01-2007 14:55
fixed unable to delete email problem, now I have new problem =?Utf-8?B?ajI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 19 03-30-2007 02:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120