Update KB967715

Pete R

Update KB967715
Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
minded, anyone any ideas please?
alexmay19

RE: Update KB967715

"Pete R" wrote:

> Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
> update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
> but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
> minded, anyone any ideas please?

Re: Update KB967715
See the recently revised and expanded FAQ/Known Issues section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

Pete R wrote:
> Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
> update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work
> fine
> but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
> minded, anyone any ideas please?

alexmay19

RE: Update KB967715
I am having the same issue, everynight and everyday KB967715 it shows that it
was successful but I still keep receiving the update
"Pete R" wrote:

> Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
> update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
> but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
> minded, anyone any ideas please?

Sparklers

RE: Update KB967715
Took me yonks to resolve
Internet Explorer - Tools - Windows update
In this page select 'Custom' and wait for computer to check
The offending item should be displayed
Click on the '+' and remove the check mark
In 'Do not show this update again' tick the check box
Install any othe updates displayed
I waited three days and checked my history which proved OK.

"Pete R" wrote:

> Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
> update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
> but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
> minded, anyone any ideas please?

Big_Al9

RE: Update KB967715
I followed your instructions, but KB967715 was not there to deselect! Like
you and others, I am receiving this update for download every day. It has
been on my system now since Feb. 22nd. Hello, Microsoft? Are you looking at
this?

"Sparklers" wrote:

> Took me yonks to resolve
> Internet Explorer - Tools - Windows update
> In this page select 'Custom' and wait for computer to check
> The offending item should be displayed
> Click on the '+' and remove the check mark
> In 'Do not show this update again' tick the check box
> Install any othe updates displayed
> I waited three days and checked my history which proved OK.
>
> "Pete R" wrote:
>
> > Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
> > update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
> > but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
> > minded, anyone any ideas please?

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Update KB967715
Sparklers wrote:

> Took me yonks to resolve
> Internet Explorer - Tools - Windows update
> In this page select 'Custom' and wait for computer to check
> The offending item should be displayed
> Click on the '+' and remove the check mark
> In 'Do not show this update again' tick the check box
> Install any othe updates displayed
> I waited three days and checked my history which proved OK.

Unfortuately this leaves the update incompletely installed. In this particular
case it probably doesn't matter, but in general this isn't a good solution to
update problems.

(To properly fix this, download the update and install it from Safe Mode.)

Harry.

> "Pete R" wrote:
>
>> Nearly everytime I start my computer and connect to the internet windows
>> update sign appears in the taskbar. Instaling the update seems to work fine
>> but it is the same update everytime, KB967715. I'm not really computer
>> minded, anyone any ideas please?

Ampang

Re: Update KB967715
So What's the fix? Please suggest.
I'm installing it since mid march everytime I turn my computer off.

Ampang wrote:

> So What's the fix? Please suggest.
> I'm installing it since mid march everytime I turn my computer off.

First thing to try is downloading it from the Microsoft web site and then
installing it manually while in Safe Mode.

If this doesn't work, try uninstalling Sonic DLA if you have it installed.

Harry.

> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Sparklers wrote:
>>
>>> Took me yonks to resolve
>>> Internet Explorer - Tools - Windows update
>>> In this page select 'Custom' and wait for computer to check
>>> The offending item should be displayed
>>> Click on the '+' and remove the check mark
>>> In 'Do not show this update again' tick the check box
>>> Install any othe updates displayed
>>> I waited three days and checked my history which proved OK.

>> Unfortuately this leaves the update incompletely installed. In this particular
>> case it probably doesn't matter, but in general this isn't a good solution to
>> update problems.
>>
>> (To properly fix this, download the update and install it from Safe Mode.)
>>
>> Harry.

Ohno

Re: Update KB967715
Try this I know it works for some machines.
http://tinyurl.com/ctntvu