Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Home Premium Updating continuously

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
sigsky
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
KB954430 and KB941835 have been successfully installed seven times yesterday
and today but it wants to install them again. Once it's done the notice pops
up again. Enough already. I'm turning off automatic updates for now.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
KB941835 does not seem to apply to Vista:

<QP>
To provide more flexibility in meeting the needs of customers who have
specialized security requirements, Microsoft has provided a way to turn off
all processing of metafiles system-wide by setting a flag in a registry key
setting. This setting is available to all customers who are [already]
running Windows Vista and to customers who have applied security update
925902.
</QP>
Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941835

Is KB925902 installed?
MS07-017: Vulnerability in GDI could allow remote code execution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925902

As for KB954430, see the sections "How to obtain help..." and "Known
issues..." section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430.

Of course if you've disabled Automatic Updates, you have nothing to worry
about, right? (WRONG!)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


sigsky wrote:
> KB954430 and KB941835 have been successfully installed seven times
> yesterday
> and today but it wants to install them again. Once it's done the notice
> pops up again. Enough already. I'm turning off automatic updates for
> now.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
JimW
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
Same thing has happened to me but only with KB954430. Just found this site
and hope that some one can help us both.

"sigsky" wrote:

> KB954430 and KB941835 have been successfully installed seven times yesterday
> and today but it wants to install them again. Once it's done the notice pops
> up again. Enough already. I'm turning off automatic updates for now.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009
sigsky
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> KB941835 does not seem to apply to Vista:


I am an Idiot, it is KB941833, not KB941835 as I misspoke.

>
> Is KB925902 installed?
> MS07-017: Vulnerability in GDI could allow remote code execution:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925902


Yes, installed in 2007. why am I having this trouble now?

>
> As for KB954430, see the sections "How to obtain help..." and "Known
> issues..." section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430.


I'm going to read all these articles to which you referred me but they sound
pretty techinical. The skip the details links all just send me back to
automatic updates to download the same two updates. Today this started
happening on my laptop as well which also runs Vista Home Premium so I've got
to get this fixed. Any other advice?

> Of course if you've disabled Automatic Updates, you have nothing to worry
> about, right? (WRONG!)


Don't get me wrong, I am religious about automatic updates but it's not
doing me any good at the present time. Thanks for your help

John Sigler
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009
sigsky
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
Issue resolved http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430

Thanks to PA Bear

"sigsky" wrote:

> KB954430 and KB941835 have been successfully installed seven times yesterday
> and today but it wants to install them again. Once it's done the notice pops
> up again. Enough already. I'm turning off automatic updates for now.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
YW & thanks for your feedback.

If you're still having issues with KB941833, see the More Information
section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833 or open a Free Support
Incident.

sigsky wrote:
> Issue resolved http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430
>
> Thanks to PA Bear

<paste>
sigsky wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> KB941835 does not seem to apply to Vista:

>
> I am an Idiot, it is KB941833, not KB941835 as I misspoke.
>>
>> Is KB925902 installed?
>> MS07-017: Vulnerability in GDI could allow remote code execution:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925902

>
> Yes, installed in 2007. why am I having this trouble now?
>>
>> As for KB954430, see the sections "How to obtain help..." and "Known
>> issues..." section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430.

>
> I'm going to read all these articles to which you referred me but they
> sound
> pretty techinical. The skip the details links all just send me back to
> automatic updates to download the same two updates. Today this started
> happening on my laptop as well which also runs Vista Home Premium so I've
> got to get this fixed. Any other advice?
>
>> Of course if you've disabled Automatic Updates, you have nothing to worry
>> about, right? (WRONG!)

>
> Don't get me wrong, I am religious about automatic updates but it's not
> doing me any good at the present time. Thanks for your help
>
> John Sigler


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2009
tbar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously

I found this solution today - I hope it helps. I haven't tried it yet on
my problem computer. I'm working on my laptop.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-us


--
tbar
------------------------------------------------------------------------
tbar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88428.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1155685.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2009
sigsky
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Home Premium Updating continuously
This looks like a slightly different issue tbar, not the same update.
Suggest you make a new post. I am still having the same problem described
above. Going to try to chat with Microsoft.

"tbar" wrote:

>
> I found this solution today - I hope it helps. I haven't tried it yet on
> my problem computer. I'm working on my laptop.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-us
>
>
> --
> tbar
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> tbar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88428.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1155685.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work BernhardSmily microsoft.public.windowsupdate 10 04-25-2009 09:48
Updating Drivers in Vista Premium Nevada microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 01-27-2008 23:42
Updating Vista Home Premium to Ultimate doesn't work DanielF microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 12-11-2007 16:13
Updating from Home Premium to Ultimate and moving Home Premium mor10 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 11-18-2007 21:57
Retail 32bit vista Home Premium upgrade to 64 bit Home Premium - H rrdToledo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-25-2007 04:38




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120