Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
BernhardSmily
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
Hi All,
After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net - posting
requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT Microsoft's problem
contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told me contact Microsoft PA
Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led down by all sources and wish I
had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
Regards BernhardSmily

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
BernhardSmily wrote:
:: Hi All,
:: After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
:: posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
:: Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who
:: told me contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel
:: badly led down by all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!!
:: Can anyone help!!
:: Regards BernhardSmily


Bear never gave up, you just didn't get back to him regarding what you had
done:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...5-5de1e67d8391

If you have indeed cleaned the machine -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
Method 5: Register Windows Update engine files

Reboot - Vista likes to reboot *often*.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.





Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
BernhardSmily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
I am sorry PA Bear I tried to come back to you but it was always returned as
"Recipient unknown" - Yes I cleaned my machine and also did the other
recommendations but to no avail it still does not work and is still stuck on
"Never"! Any further suggestions are welcome thanks regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
news:%23rdAG1ptJHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> BernhardSmily wrote:
> :: Hi All,
> :: After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
> :: posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
> :: Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who
> :: told me contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel
> :: badly led down by all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!!
> :: Can anyone help!!
> :: Regards BernhardSmily
>
>
> Bear never gave up, you just didn't get back to him regarding what you had
> done:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...5-5de1e67d8391
>
> If you have indeed cleaned the machine -
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
> Method 5: Register Windows Update engine files
>
> Reboot - Vista likes to reboot *often*.
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>
>
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
When you last attempted to reply to my post in your original thread, you
used the REPLY button in Windows Mail where you should have used the REPLY
GROUP button (just as you did to post your second reply to this thread).
Always post replies to the newsgroup, not via email to me.

In my first reply to your original thread, I wrote:

<QP>
3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware

**Seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0,
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this
isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop.
=====================
Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates.
</QP>

Have you posted in one of the forums I recommended and did an expert in
these matters tell you everything was OK?

Have you opened a free support incident yet or considered taking the machine
to a shop?

The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year, your
best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.

After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new computer" to
see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing anything
else online:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Good luck!
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

BernhardSmily wrote:
> I am sorry PA Bear I tried to come back to you but it was always returned
> as
> "Recipient unknown" - Yes I cleaned my machine and also did the other
> recommendations but to no avail it still does not work and is still stuck
> on
> "Never"! Any further suggestions are welcome thanks regards BernhardSmily
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>> Bear never gave up, you just didn't get back to him regarding what you
>> had
>> done:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...5-5de1e67d8391
>>
>> If you have indeed cleaned the machine -
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326253
>> Method 5: Register Windows Update engine files
>>
>> Reboot - Vista likes to reboot *often*.
>>
>> BernhardSmily wrote:
>>>> Hi All,
>>>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>>>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>>>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who
>>>> told me contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel
>>>> badly led down by all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!!
>>>> Can anyone help!!


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2009
BernhardSmily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
Hi PA Bear,
I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how to
correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"BernhardSmily" <bernhardsmily@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23Vp%239FptJHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told me
> contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led down by
> all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
> Regards BernhardSmily


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
Why did you post that log?

From my previous reply (06 Apr-09):

<QP>
The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year, your
best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.

After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new computer" to
see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing anything
else online:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Good luck!
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

BernhardSmily wrote:
> Hi PA Bear,
> I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how to
> correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> "BernhardSmily" <bernhardsmily@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23Vp%239FptJHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi All,
>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told me
>> contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led down
>> by
>> all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
>> Regards BernhardSmily


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2009
BernhardSmily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
Hi PA Bear,
I posted that lo because I thought it might help you (as the genius) to tell
me what to do other than do a clean install.
Regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eZCRM%236uJHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Why did you post that log?
>
> From my previous reply (06 Apr-09):
>
> <QP>
> The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year,
> your
> best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
> reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
> upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
> respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.
>
> After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new computer"
> to
> see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing anything
> else online:
>
> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>
> Good luck!
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
> BernhardSmily wrote:
>> Hi PA Bear,
>> I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how to
>> correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> "BernhardSmily" <bernhardsmily@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:%23Vp%239FptJHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi All,
>>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told me
>>> contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led down
>>> by
>>> all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
>>> Regards BernhardSmily

>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
You'd be wasting your time of you didn't do a Clean Install.

BernhardSmily wrote:
> Hi PA Bear,
> I posted that lo because I thought it might help you (as the genius) to
> tell
> me what to do other than do a clean install.
> Regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eZCRM%236uJHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Why did you post that log?
>>
>> From my previous reply (06 Apr-09):
>>
>> <QP>
>> The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year,
>> your
>> best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
>> reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
>> upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
>> respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.
>>
>> After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new computer"
>> to
>> see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing anything
>> else online:
>>
>> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>>
>> Good luck!
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>> BernhardSmily wrote:
>>> Hi PA Bear,
>>> I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how to
>>> correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> "BernhardSmily" <bernhardsmily@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> news:%23Vp%239FptJHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi All,
>>>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>>>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>>>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told
>>>> me
>>>> contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led down
>>>> by
>>>> all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
>>>> Regards BernhardSmily


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2009
BernhardSmily
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
OK thanks will think about it as everything else work thanks again regards
BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ugseULRvJHA.192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> You'd be wasting your time of you didn't do a Clean Install.
>
> BernhardSmily wrote:
>> Hi PA Bear,
>> I posted that lo because I thought it might help you (as the genius) to
>> tell
>> me what to do other than do a clean install.
>> Regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:eZCRM%236uJHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Why did you post that log?
>>>
>>> From my previous reply (06 Apr-09):
>>>
>>> <QP>
>>> The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year,
>>> your
>>> best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
>>> reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
>>> upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
>>> respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.
>>>
>>> After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new
>>> computer"
>>> to
>>> see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing
>>> anything
>>> else online:
>>>
>>> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>>>
>>> Good luck!
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>
>>> BernhardSmily wrote:
>>>> Hi PA Bear,
>>>> I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how
>>>> to
>>>> correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>> "BernhardSmily" <bernhardsmily@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>> news:%23Vp%239FptJHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>>>>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>>>>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told
>>>>> me
>>>>> contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led
>>>>> down
>>>>> by
>>>>> all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone help!!
>>>>> Regards BernhardSmily

>


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Premium Home Edition Updating dos not work
A working computer is NOT the same thing as a secure computer, Bernhard. In
its present state, your computer should not be connected to the internet or
any networks, period.

BernhardSmily wrote:
> OK thanks will think about it as everything else work thanks again regards
>
>> You'd be wasting your time of you didn't do a Clean Install.
>>
>> BernhardSmily wrote:
>>> Hi PA Bear,
>>> I posted that lo because I thought it might help you (as the genius) to
>>> tell
>>> me what to do other than do a clean install.
>>>
>>>> Why did you post that log?
>>>>
>>>> From my previous reply (06 Apr-09):
>>>>
>>>> <QP>
>>>> The above being said, if Windows Update hasn't worked for over a year,
>>>> your
>>>> best bet now would be to back-up your personal data and then format &
>>>> reinstall Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA an in-place
>>>> upgrade) will NOT correct the problem. A competent technician at a
>>>> respectable local shop might charge you about 100£ to do this for you.
>>>>
>>>> After the clean install, you will have the equivalent of a "new
>>>> computer"
>>>> to
>>>> see this page and take care of EVERYTHING mentioned before doing
>>>> anything
>>>> else online:
>>>>
>>>> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>>>>
>>>> Good luck!
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>>
>>>> BernhardSmily wrote:
>>>>> Hi PA Bear,
>>>>> I have attached the scesrv.log which shows a lot but I don't know how
>>>>> to
>>>>> correct this can you help please regards BernhardSmily
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>> After 12 months trying to update - contacting Microsoft on the Net -
>>>>>> posting requests for help on this forum - been told this is NOT
>>>>>> Microsoft's problem contact the Computer Manufacturer (MESH) who told
>>>>>> me contact Microsoft PA Bear tried and gave up on me I feel badly led
>>>>>> down
>>>>>> by all sources and wish I had never heard of Vista!! Can anyone
>>>>>> help!!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Vista Home Premium and XP Home Edition Matthew Armshaw microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 02-12-2009 10:20
Updating to W.V. Ultimate from W.V. Home Edition Pepe microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 3 07-01-2008 23:57
XP Home Edition to Vista 32-bit Home Premium timb microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 03-31-2008 15:54
Updating Vista Home Premium to Ultimate doesn't work DanielF microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 12-11-2007 16:13
Updating from Home Premium to Ultimate and moving Home Premium mor10 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 11-18-2007 21:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120