Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701

Gatis

Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701
I have problems with downloading update - Ricoh - Streaming Media and
Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam. My webcam does not work for several weeks due
to unexpected error. The computer can not install this update indicating to
the error Code 80070103. Have you had similar problem? How did you solve it?

Shenan Stanley

Re: Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701
Gatis wrote:
> I have problems with downloading update - Ricoh - Streaming Media
> and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam. My webcam does not work for
> several weeks due to unexpected error. The computer can not install
> this update indicating to the error Code 80070103. Have you had
> similar problem? How did you solve it?

Hardware update? Get it direct from the hardware manufacturer, not
Microsoft. (Microsoft did not create said hardware, don't depend on them
for support for it.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ǝиçεl

RE: Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701
Hello "Gatis",

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032>
You receive error 0x80070103 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft
Update Web sites to install updates

<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e5f5a9a7-dfeb-46c4-4345-ce26afedabcd1033.mspx>

A device driver is not installed, or a hardware device does not function
correctly after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187>

Updated your hardware device drivers from each hardware device
manufacturer's support web pages?

Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. Get them
from the manufacturer's website instead.

Good luck

..: Ǝиçεl :.
-=-

"Gatis" wrote:

> I have problems with downloading update - Ricoh - Streaming Media and
> Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam. My webcam does not work for several weeks due
> to unexpected error. The computer can not install this update indicating to
> the error Code 80070103. Have you had similar problem? How did you solve it?

texas IJB

RE: Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701
I have the same problem... I can't use my webcam preinstaled in my laptop
HP Pavilion since Windows installed the last updated of Service pack 1
Windows Vista.

The Ricoh Streaming media and broadcast - hp Pavilon Webcam Updates
published on 17-8-2008 is not working... when I try to install this update
the Windows indicate the error Code 80070103.

who can give a correct driver? or the correct update to get work the webcam
again?

"Gatis" wrote:

> I have problems with downloading update - Ricoh - Streaming Media and
> Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam. My webcam does not work for several weeks due
> to unexpected error. The computer can not install this update indicating to
> the error Code 80070103. Have you had similar problem? How did you solve it?

Eggymaye

RE: Ricoh - Streaming Media and Broadcast - HP Pavilion Webcam (800701
To fix this error:

1)Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the webcam.
2) Reboot your computer.
3)Let it install the drivers, but do not try to install the Ricoh updates.
4) If you wish, hide the Ricoh updates so Windows does not keep trying to
install it.

This worked for fixing the problem with my built in HP webcam. I am not
sure if you will have to do this again when Vista has a new update or not,
but it seems to have worked for my laptop. I hope this helps
~ Egg