remote users / remote office

Dan

remote users / remote office
I have remote users and remote offices with slow links to our main office.

was wondering if it is possible to set them up to look at my WSUS3.0 to see
what updates they need and have them download those from Microsoft.

Re: remote users / remote office
WSUS newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

Dan wrote:
> I have remote users and remote offices with slow links to our main office.
>
> was wondering if it is possible to set them up to look at my WSUS3.0 to
> see
> what updates they need and have them download those from Microsoft.

Dan

Re: remote users / remote office
someone needs to take away your MS MVP, you are not helpful.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> WSUS newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services
>
> Dan wrote:
> > I have remote users and remote offices with slow links to our main office.
> >
> > was wondering if it is possible to set them up to look at my WSUS3.0 to
> > see
> > what updates they need and have them download those from Microsoft.

Re: remote users / remote office
And how is pointing you to the best newsgroup for your WSUS issue not
helpful?

Dan wrote:
> someone needs to take away your MS MVP, you are not helpful.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> WSUS newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services
>>
>> Dan wrote:
>>> I have remote users and remote offices with slow links to our main
>>> office.
>>>
>>> was wondering if it is possible to set them up to look at my WSUS3.0 to
>>> see
>>> what updates they need and have them download those from Microsoft.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: remote users / remote office
You've posted to the incorrect newsgroup. This is the *Windows Update NG.
Try here:

WSUS
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

Should I lose my MVP award, too ? <boo hoo>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Dan wrote:

> someone needs to take away your MS MVP, you are not helpful.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>>WSUS newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services
>>
>>Dan wrote:
>>
>>>I have remote users and remote offices with slow links to our main office.
>>>
>>>was wondering if it is possible to set them up to look at my WSUS3.0 to
>>>see
>>>what updates they need and have them download those from Microsoft.

Re: remote users / remote office
[screenwipe, please]

MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
> You've posted to the incorrect newsgroup. This is the *Windows Update NG.
> Try here:
>
> WSUS
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>

> Should I lose my MVP award, too ? <boo hoo>
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Dan wrote:
>
>> someone needs to take away your MS MVP, you are not helpful.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>

>>> WSUS newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

Shenan Stanley

Dan wrote:
> someone needs to take away your MS MVP, you are not helpful.

How is directing you to the proper newsgroup where the 'experts' centered
around the topic your query is about not helpful to you?

I mean - I could make some stuff up and you can go along your merry path or
I could direct you to the place where those who deal with your sorts of
issues everyday hang out and they could give you centered and direct replies
based off their supposed expertise. That seems to be my choices.

PA Bear chose to direct you to where you are likely to get the best help
instead of feeding you a line of bull or doing your investigating (Google
searches) for you, wasting everyone's time.

I could post a lot of extra words in front of and behind said
recommendation - but that does nothing but waste time in getting you to the
spot where you are most likely to get the help you are asking for. Sure -
it might be more conversational - but you asked a direct question and one
would assume you just want the best and most direct answer - not a lot of
fluff and marketting to make it sound pretty...

*shrug*

I could be wrong. Maybe you want so-so assistance with friendly
conversation and not expert assistance with less (but possibly friendly)
conversation.

Please - I ask of you this: come back, respond to this very message in the
public newsgroups and let us know what you expected. Seriously. I am
genuinely curious. I want to know what you expected and what you found
offensive about PA Bear's response to you.

This sort of thing seems to be more common lately - and I would like to know
why people are not appreciative of direct answers or redirection to places
where they might get better/more direct answers as of late. Your answer as
to what you found offensive/wrong with PA Bear's response might give some
insight into this phenomenon.

Hopefully you will provide the courtesy and respond - since that seems to be
what you don't like (looks that way to me anyway) at this point (not
responding to a direct question asked of you might be considered doing
exactly what you seemingly have a problem with in my book - not being very
helpful to someone asking you a genuine query.)

So - asking one last time - please let everyone here know what was so
offensive and wrong with PA Bear's response that justified your response
'in-kind'?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP