Windows Update IE 8

Pedro

Windows Update IE 8
Windows keep telling to update to IE 8
Download size 0 Download tine 0

I am allready running IE 8.0 6001.18372 for some time now.

Update History say's Update Succeeded several times.

What is going on

--
Thanks Pedro
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows Update IE 8

"Pedro" <Pedro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44443AA9-BE96-4EBB-B93C-4BEAC34A8FC7@microsoft.com...
> Windows keep telling to update to IE 8
> Download size 0 Download tine 0
>
> I am allready running IE 8.0 6001.18372 for some time now.
>
> Update History say's Update Succeeded several times.

Then look in the install log to see what happened.
Did you reboot? BTW did you have an earlier version of IE8 already
installed? Then you might have to reboot twice, once to uninstall the
earlier version and once to complete the install of the new version.

> What is going on
>
> --
> Thanks Pedro

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: Windows Update IE 8
You (still) have an IE8 Beta installed, Pedro. Have you rebooted recently?

Pedro wrote:
> Windows keep telling to update to IE 8
> Download size 0 Download tine 0
>
> I am allready running IE 8.0 6001.18372 for some time now.
>
> Update History say's Update Succeeded several times.
>
> What is going on

Pedro

Re: Windows Update IE 8
Hi Pa Bear,
Tes i have rebooted several times.
I noticed that the update is going to D: drive for some reason.

A couple of years our old computers mother board failed. So had to had to
duy a new computer, but instead of tranfering all the files to the new drive
the shop install the old as d: drive. This the first we have had any
problems. I am not sure if that is the problem.
Should i uninstall the beta IE 8 and install the new IE 8 from Microsoft wen
site?
--
Thanks Pedro

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You (still) have an IE8 Beta installed, Pedro. Have you rebooted recently?
>
> Pedro wrote:
> > Windows keep telling to update to IE 8
> > Download size 0 Download tine 0
> >
> > I am allready running IE 8.0 6001.18372 for some time now.
> >
> > Update History say's Update Succeeded several times.
> >
> > What is going on

netsavvy

Re: Windows Update IE 8

you should probably uninstall ie8 beta because ms afaik didn't add ie8
on automatic updates yet. after uninstall try a clean ie8 install.

--
netsavvy
netsavvy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87121.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Windows Update IE 8
One assumes there's more free space on the D: drive, so Windows Update must
be attempting to download the installer to that drive instead of the C:
(boot) drive.

Yes, in this situation I would recommend that you manually uninstall IE8
Beta. Afterwards, download/install IE8 Final manually (instead of via
Windows Update).

Here are some references for you:

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8 (any version)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Download links for IE8 Final
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

environment. US & CA Residents: 866-234-6020. Other:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

Personal recommendations:

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
before installing IE8 Final.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
install it.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

If you need any more assistance, please begin a new thread in IE General
newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Via the web-interface:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Pedro wrote:
> Hi Pa Bear,
> Tes i have rebooted several times.
> I noticed that the update is going to D: drive for some reason.
>
> A couple of years our old computers mother board failed. So had to had to
> duy a new computer, but instead of tranfering all the files to the new
> drive
> the shop install the old as d: drive. This the first we have had any
> problems. I am not sure if that is the problem.
> Should i uninstall the beta IE 8 and install the new IE 8 from Microsoft
> wen
> site?
>
>> You (still) have an IE8 Beta installed, Pedro. Have you rebooted
>> recently?
>>
>> Pedro wrote:
>>> Windows keep telling to update to IE 8
>>> Download size 0 Download tine 0
>>>
>>> I am allready running IE 8.0 6001.18372 for some time now.
>>>
>>> Update History say's Update Succeeded several times.
>>>
>>> What is going on

Pedro

Re: Windows Update IE 8
I could not uninstall IE 8 beta "from add/remove Programs" it could not copy
hmmapi.dllui were can i find that file?
Or is there another way to remove it.
--
Thanks Pedro

"netsavvy" wrote:

> you should probably uninstall ie8 beta because ms afaik didn't add ie8
> on automatic updates yet. after uninstall try a clean ie8 install.
>

> --
> netsavvy
> netsavvy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87121.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1153597.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows Update IE 8

"netsavvy" <netsavvy.3q1gjb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:netsavvy.3q1gjb@DoNotSpam.com...

> you should probably uninstall ie8 beta because ms afaik didn't add ie8
> on automatic updates yet. after uninstall try a clean ie8 install.

I just did it. There are two automatic boots, one to complete the uninstall
of IE8rc1 and one to complete the install of IE8rtw.

---

Pedro

Re: Windows Update IE 8
I tried again with the same result, it did two boots but i still have IErc1.
I cannot remove it to download IErtw.
I noticed that the windows update is now optional rather High-priority.
So i guess i will have to stay with the beta version untill i can find a way
to remove it.
--
Thanks Pedro

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "netsavvy" <netsavvy.3q1gjb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:netsavvy.3q1gjb@DoNotSpam.com...
> >
> > you should probably uninstall ie8 beta because ms afaik didn't add ie8
> > on automatic updates yet. after uninstall try a clean ie8 install.

> I just did it. There are two automatic boots, one to complete the uninstall
> of IE8rc1 and one to complete the install of IE8rtw.
>

> ---

Re: Windows Update IE 8
IE8 Final /is/ being offered to those who have an IE8 Beta build installed.