Has anyone ever managed to get an answer from Microsoft support?

Psiborg001

Has anyone ever managed to get an answer from Microsoft support?
I've been having problems with KB967715, and went through the troubleshooting
stuff. When none of that worked, I sent a problem report off to Microsoft.
The automatic reply said I would get an answer in 1 business day.

Has anyone gotten any answers from Microsoft support concerning Windows
Update issues?
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Has anyone ever managed to get an answer from Microsoft support?
Psiborg001 wrote:

> I've been having problems with KB967715, and went through the troubleshooting
> stuff. When none of that worked, I sent a problem report off to Microsoft.
> The automatic reply said I would get an answer in 1 business day.
>
> Has anyone gotten any answers from Microsoft support concerning Windows
> Update issues?

Yes, folks have had answers from MS concerning Windows Update issues.
Your answer on how to install this update is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

Expand > Frequently Asked Questions
Read: Known issues with this security update

* Update 967715 is reoffered multiple times

Follow the instructions.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Psiborg001

Re: Has anyone ever managed to get an answer from Microsoft suppor
Yup. I saw that page, and followed the steps it offered. There was no change.
The automatic update continued to try to reinstall the update. The Windows
Update log, online, showed that I had successfully installed the update about
a dozen times. But it still tried to reinstall...

I was specifically referring to the problem report to MS, and the email
reply that I got. Checking my email, I found that I had another reply to the
effect that I would have to wait <another> 24 hours before someone will
contact me to assist with troubleshooting.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Psiborg001 wrote:
>
> > I've been having problems with KB967715, and went through the troubleshooting
> > stuff. When none of that worked, I sent a problem report off to Microsoft.
> > The automatic reply said I would get an answer in 1 business day.
> >
> > Has anyone gotten any answers from Microsoft support concerning Windows
> > Update issues?

> Yes, folks have had answers from MS concerning Windows Update issues.
> Your answer on how to install this update is here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715
>
> Expand > Frequently Asked Questions
> Read: Known issues with this security update
>
> * Update 967715 is reoffered multiple times
>

> Follow the instructions.
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

Robert Aldwinckle

"Psiborg001" <Psiborg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13240610-C41C-48AA-BF91-CC0AF697C6E8@microsoft.com...
> Yup. I saw that page, and followed the steps it offered. There was no change.
> The automatic update continued to try to reinstall the update. The Windows
> Update log, online, showed that I had successfully installed the update about
> a dozen times.

If you used the procedure that Mow was referring to WindowsUpdate.log
would be irrelevant. The only relevant log then would be the install log.

> But it still tried to reinstall...
>
> I was specifically referring to the problem report to MS, and the email
> reply that I got. Checking my email, I found that I had another reply to the
> effect that I would have to wait <another> 24 hours before someone will
> contact me to assist with troubleshooting.

In the meantime why not do some diagnosis yourself?

Here are some comments about this that I made to a previous poster

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...d41&sloc=en-us

(Alt-7 search for
kb967715 aldwinckle pendingfilerenameoperations
)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Psiborg001 wrote:
>>
>> > I've been having problems with KB967715, and went through the troubleshooting
>> > stuff. When none of that worked, I sent a problem report off to Microsoft.
>> > The automatic reply said I would get an answer in 1 business day.
>> >
>> > Has anyone gotten any answers from Microsoft support concerning Windows
>> > Update issues?

>> Yes, folks have had answers from MS concerning Windows Update issues.
>> Your answer on how to install this update is here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715
>>
>> Expand > Frequently Asked Questions
>> Read: Known issues with this security update
>>
>> * Update 967715 is reoffered multiple times
>>

>> Follow the instructions.
>>

>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten

Re: Has anyone ever managed to get an answer from Microsoft suppor
You rebooted into Safe Mode (with Networking) and it still wouldn't install,
even if you download the installer and install it manually in Safe Mode?