kb937287 won't install

sapper

kb937287 won't install
Can anyone help me install this update? I set windows update to look for
windows and microsoft updates and it came up with this, which won't install
and would not a year ago either. therefor I could not install SP1

Can anyone help?

Re: kb937287 won't install
Is update KB949939 listed in Installed Updates? If it's not, you won't be
able to install KB937287.

Have you been able to install any other updates in the past year?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

sapper wrote:
> Can anyone help me install this update? I set windows update to look for
> windows and microsoft updates and it came up with this, which won't
> install
> and would not a year ago either. therefor I could not install SP1
>
> Can anyone help?

sapper

Re: kb937287 won't install
No it isn't ... never been able to install it. Did several things the
complete record of which I have forgotten, to do it. Other updates have been
successful...

I don't know how this affects performance and other update possibilities
like NET framework 3. For that I got KB951847... I was trying to update IE&
to IE8 and found I needed SP1... I couldn't install SP1 anyway because of the
prerequisite (937287). Acer told me to ignore it anyway because of
conflicts...!?

So where I'm at now is looking at the Bulletins and wondering if I should
bother with the standalone SP1 installer (too huge for dial-up) and whether
it is possible to skip SP1 and install SP2 or 3.

I have installed all updates which microsoft has sent me, but like I said,
maybe there are some missing because of this primary issue.

Need some help or information please.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is update KB949939 listed in Installed Updates? If it's not, you won't be
> able to install KB937287.
>
> Have you been able to install any other updates in the past year?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> sapper wrote:
> > Can anyone help me install this update? I set windows update to look for
> > windows and microsoft updates and it came up with this, which won't
> > install
> > and would not a year ago either. therefor I could not install SP1
> >
> > Can anyone help?

Re: kb937287 won't install
I would NOT recommend installing Vista SP1 or SP2 (when it's released later
this year) manually with the machine in this state.

No-charge support for Vista SP1 installation & compatibility was available
for well over a year but it ended on 18 March 2009.

At this point, I'd recommend that you backup your personal data, then format
& do a "clean install" of Vista.

NB: I do not think a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will fix this.

Good luck!
--
~PA Bear

sapper wrote:
> No it isn't ... never been able to install it. Did several things the
> complete record of which I have forgotten, to do it. Other updates have
> been successful...
>
> I don't know how this affects performance and other update possibilities
> like NET framework 3. For that I got KB951847... I was trying to update
> IE&
> to IE8 and found I needed SP1... I couldn't install SP1 anyway because of
> the prerequisite (937287). Acer told me to ignore it anyway because of
> conflicts...!?
>
> So where I'm at now is looking at the Bulletins and wondering if I should
> bother with the standalone SP1 installer (too huge for dial-up) and
> whether
> it is possible to skip SP1 and install SP2 or 3.
>
> I have installed all updates which microsoft has sent me, but like I said,
> maybe there are some missing because of this primary issue.
>
> Need some help or information please.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Is update KB949939 listed in Installed Updates? If it's not, you won't
>> be
>> able to install KB937287.
>>
>> Have you been able to install any other updates in the past year?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> sapper wrote:
>>> Can anyone help me install this update? I set windows update to look for
>>> windows and microsoft updates and it came up with this, which won't
>>> install
>>> and would not a year ago either. therefor I could not install SP1
>>>
>>> Can anyone help?

sapper

Re: kb937287 won't install
thanks. I'll start a new thread for help on reinstall....

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I would NOT recommend installing Vista SP1 or SP2 (when it's released later
> this year) manually with the machine in this state.
>
> No-charge support for Vista SP1 installation & compatibility was available
> for well over a year but it ended on 18 March 2009.
>
> At this point, I'd recommend that you backup your personal data, then format
> & do a "clean install" of Vista.
>
> NB: I do not think a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will fix this.
>
> Good luck!
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> sapper wrote:
> > No it isn't ... never been able to install it. Did several things the
> > complete record of which I have forgotten, to do it. Other updates have
> > been successful...
> >
> > I don't know how this affects performance and other update possibilities
> > like NET framework 3. For that I got KB951847... I was trying to update
> > IE&
> > to IE8 and found I needed SP1... I couldn't install SP1 anyway because of
> > the prerequisite (937287). Acer told me to ignore it anyway because of
> > conflicts...!?
> >
> > So where I'm at now is looking at the Bulletins and wondering if I should
> > bother with the standalone SP1 installer (too huge for dial-up) and
> > whether
> > it is possible to skip SP1 and install SP2 or 3.
> >
> > I have installed all updates which microsoft has sent me, but like I said,
> > maybe there are some missing because of this primary issue.
> >
> > Need some help or information please.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Is update KB949939 listed in Installed Updates? If it's not, you won't
> >> be
> >> able to install KB937287.
> >>
> >> Have you been able to install any other updates in the past year?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: kb937287 won't install
You're welcome. Post your new thread in the appropriate, Vista-specific
newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
**microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setu p**
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security