Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

windows update

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009
duwayne s
 

Posts: n/a
windows update
windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but says no
updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update
have any updates been released for your windows version since 2-30-09?

duwayne s wrote:
> windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but says
> no
> updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
duwayne s
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update
i have vista home p . up till 3-20 i got updates every two or three days they
just stoped 3-20.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> have any updates been released for your windows version since 2-30-09?
>
> duwayne s wrote:
> > windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but says
> > no
> > updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update
The last batch of updates for Vista were released on 10 March 2009. While
it may have taken 10 days for all of these updates to install via Automatic
Updates (long story you needn't worry about now), we don't expect any more
updates to be available until Tuesday, 14 April 2009.

To make sure you're fully patched, you can run Windows Update manually. If
you do, I don't expect any Important or Moderate updates to be available.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


duwayne s wrote:
> i have vista home p . up till 3-20 i got updates every two or three days
> they just stoped 3-20.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> have any updates been released for your windows version since 2-30-09?
>>
>> duwayne s wrote:
>>> windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but says
>>> no
>>> updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
duwayne s
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update
thanks pa bear. i'll wait and see what it does then. new to all this so ,
once more thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The last batch of updates for Vista were released on 10 March 2009. While
> it may have taken 10 days for all of these updates to install via Automatic
> Updates (long story you needn't worry about now), we don't expect any more
> updates to be available until Tuesday, 14 April 2009.
>
> To make sure you're fully patched, you can run Windows Update manually. If
> you do, I don't expect any Important or Moderate updates to be available.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
>
> duwayne s wrote:
> > i have vista home p . up till 3-20 i got updates every two or three days
> > they just stoped 3-20.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> have any updates been released for your windows version since 2-30-09?
> >>
> >> duwayne s wrote:
> >>> windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but says
> >>> no
> >>> updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update
Keep your eye on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

After 09 April-09, this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms09-apr.mspx


duwayne s wrote:
> thanks pa bear. i'll wait and see what it does then. new to all this so ,
> once more thanks.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The last batch of updates for Vista were released on 10 March 2009.
>> While
>> it may have taken 10 days for all of these updates to install via
>> Automatic
>> Updates (long story you needn't worry about now), we don't expect any
>> more
>> updates to be available until Tuesday, 14 April 2009.
>>
>> To make sure you're fully patched, you can run Windows Update manually.
>> If
>> you do, I don't expect any Important or Moderate updates to be available.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>>
>> duwayne s wrote:
>>> i have vista home p . up till 3-20 i got updates every two or three days
>>> they just stoped 3-20.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>> have any updates been released for your windows version since 2-30-09?
>>>>
>>>> duwayne s wrote:
>>>>> windows update hasn't installed a update sence 3-20-09. it runs but
>>>>> says
>>>>> no
>>>>> updates available what do i need to do to fix this ?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update For Windows Vista For X64-based Systems, Update for Windows (KB938371) Can't Install Grzyb [1000174] microsoft.public.windowsupdate 12 03-24-2010 04:10
Windows Vista SP1 Prerequisites & Non-Security Update coming via Windows Update Paul Windows Vista Team Blog 0 02-12-2008 19:10
Article ID: 930857 Ein Update ist Windows-Fehlerberichterstattung in Windows Vista, um sicher durchzuführen verfügbar, dass ein Update an Problemberichte gesandt wird, nachdem Sie Berechtigung nur erteilt haben KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 927532 When you use Windows Update to install an update in Windows Vista, the update may not appear in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer tokjad@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 5 05-12-2007 23:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:51.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120