Service Pack three.five

Breezyforu

Service Pack three.five
My service pack 3.5 update downloads but when it tries to install it, the
installation fails. I've read on websites including this one to unistall and
reinstall
I have restarted my computer three times and it still won't install. Help!

Ric

Re: Service Pack three.five
1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions which
are already installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
(ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install
all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the page.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Breezyforu wrote:
> My service pack 3.5 update downloads but when it tries to install it, the
> installation fails. I've read on websites including this one to unistall
> and
> reinstall
> I have restarted my computer three times and it still won't install. Help!
>
> Ric

fedup2

Re: Service Pack three.five
what if you have 2.0 service pack 2 version 2.050727.3053?
Method 2 gives fixes for 2.0 and 2.0 service pack 1

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions which
> are already installed:
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> 2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
> (ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install
> all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the page.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Breezyforu wrote:
> > My service pack 3.5 update downloads but when it tries to install it, the
> > installation fails. I've read on websites including this one to unistall
> > and
> > reinstall
> > I have restarted my computer three times and it still won't install. Help!
> >
> > Ric

Re: Service Pack three.five
To avoid confusion, please feel free to begin a new thread about /your/
problem, fedup2.

In short, you would reinstall any .NET Framework versions that had been
installed when you started the fix.

fedup2 wrote:
> what if you have 2.0 service pack 2 version 2.050727.3053?
> Method 2 gives fixes for 2.0 and 2.0 service pack 1
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions
>> which
>> are already installed:
>>
>> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>> whether service packs have been applied
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>
>> 2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>> (ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool,
>> (re)install
>> all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the
>> page.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Breezyforu wrote:
>>> My service pack 3.5 update downloads but when it tries to install it,
>>> the
>>> installation fails. I've read on websites including this one to unistall
>>> and
>>> reinstall
>>> I have restarted my computer three times and it still won't install.
>>> Help!
>>>
>>> Ric

thermophle

Re: Service Pack three.five
I also can't install Service Pack 3.5 with the following error code:
Error Code: 0x20000009

Do I really have to uninstall all service packs and reinstall....seems to me
like that would take hours.

Is it really that necessary or should I forget about it.