Error message

vlksbugg

Error message
This is the message I am getting when trying to download Windows Updates:
[Error number: 0x80072EFF Please assist.
TaurArian

Re: Error message
vlksbugg wrote:
:: This is the message I am getting when trying to download Windows
:: Updates: [Error number: 0x80072EFF Please assist.

Network problems are preventing connection to the Windows Update servers.

The Windows Update.log file may contain the following error messages:
Error 0x80072EFF
Error 0x80190193

This issue occurs if the server is busy.

Try later. If still a problem, post back advising what your OS and SP level
etc. The more info the better chance of getting a response.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

mrozburn

Re: Error message

"TaurArian" wrote:

> vlksbugg wrote:
> :: This is the message I am getting when trying to download Windows
> :: Updates: [Error number: 0x80072EFF Please assist.
>

> Network problems are preventing connection to the Windows Update servers.
>
> The Windows Update.log file may contain the following error messages:
> Error 0x80072EFF
> Error 0x80190193
>
> This issue occurs if the server is busy.
>
> Try later. If still a problem, post back advising what your OS and SP level
> etc. The more info the better chance of getting a response.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> I am getting this same error message when I click on Windows Update and IE brings up a page that says "Checking if your computer has the latest version of Windows updating software for use with the website..." - after a couple of minutes I get another page with the error mentioned and I cannot get past this point. I recently updated to IE8 and I hope that isn't the problem. Is there any other known reason for this other than the server being busy? I am running XP with SP3.

TaurArian

Re: Error message

"mrozburn" wrote:

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > vlksbugg wrote:
> > :: This is the message I am getting when trying to download Windows
> > :: Updates: [Error number: 0x80072EFF Please assist.
> >

> > Network problems are preventing connection to the Windows Update servers.
> >
> > The Windows Update.log file may contain the following error messages:
> > Error 0x80072EFF
> > Error 0x80190193
> >
> > This issue occurs if the server is busy.
> >
> > Try later. If still a problem, post back advising what your OS and SP level
> > etc. The more info the better chance of getting a response.
> >

> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
> >

> > I am getting this same error message when I click on Windows Update and IE brings up a page that says "Checking if your computer has the latest version of Windows updating software for use with the website..." - after a couple of minutes I get another page with the error mentioned and I cannot get past this point. I recently updated to IE8 and I hope that isn't the problem. Is there any other known reason for this other than the server being busy? I am running XP with SP3.

Many reasons why it would be failing

See:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi... on+TaurArian

Otherwise post back with the detials of your OS and SP level etc.

Did it work before you installed IE8?

mrozburn

Re: Error message

"TaurArian" wrote:

> "mrozburn" wrote:
>

> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > vlksbugg wrote:
> > > :: This is the message I am getting when trying to download Windows
> > > :: Updates: [Error number: 0x80072EFF Please assist.
> > >

> > > Network problems are preventing connection to the Windows Update servers.
> > >
> > > The Windows Update.log file may contain the following error messages:
> > > Error 0x80072EFF
> > > Error 0x80190193
> > >
> > > This issue occurs if the server is busy.
> > >
> > > Try later. If still a problem, post back advising what your OS and SP level
> > > etc. The more info the better chance of getting a response.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > > ======================================
> > > Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> > > or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
> > >

> > > I am getting this same error message when I click on Windows Update and IE brings up a page that says "Checking if your computer has the latest version of Windows updating software for use with the website..." - after a couple of minutes I get another page with the error mentioned and I cannot get past this point. I recently updated to IE8 and I hope that isn't the problem. Is there any other known reason for this other than the server being busy? I am running XP with SP3.
> > >

> Many reasons why it would be failing
>
> See:
> http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi... on+TaurArian
>
> Otherwise post back with the detials of your OS and SP level etc.
>
> Did it work before you installed IE8?
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.

Yes, it did work before I went to IE8. I tried doing a system restore to a
point before installing IE8, but then it wouldn't even open up IE at all -
like it wasn't even there. I will try to go down thru the steps you
suggested to J and N and see if that helps me.