IE 8 offered again and again.

Serge

IE 8 offered again and again.
This morning I was offered IE 8 as an update. I downloaded it and installed
it successfully. It is now being reoffered again and again.

Any solution?

Serge
Serge

RE: IE 8 offered again and again.

"Serge" wrote:

> This morning I was offered IE 8 as an update. I downloaded it and installed
> it successfully. It is now being reoffered again and again.
>
> Any solution?

I forgot to add info about my system:

Microsoft Windo XP
Media Centre Version 2005
Service Pack 3

Serge
TaurArian

RE: IE 8 offered again and again.
If you're being offered IE8 by AU then you must have a Beta version or the RC
version installed.

Suggest, perhaps you uninstall the old Beta/RC version, download the full
file from the MS site and install that.

Take the usual precautions when installing such an upgrade, like turning off
anything that can interfer with the installation. Disconnect from the
internet if necessary especially when disabling critical security software.

Some have said it's appropriate to reboot twice after installation.

Also make sure your system is clean of any problems like viruses etc.

Good luck.

"Serge" wrote:

> "Serge" wrote:
>
> > This morning I was offered IE 8 as an update. I downloaded it and installed
> > it successfully. It is now being reoffered again and again.
> >
> > Any solution?
> >

> I forgot to add info about my system:
>
> Microsoft Windo XP
> Media Centre Version 2005
> Service Pack 3
>
> Serge

Serge

RE: IE 8 offered again and again.
It was being offered by AU. I did not have a Beta or the RC version
installed. Rebooting the system twice seem to have solved the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Serge

"TaurArian" wrote:

> If you're being offered IE8 by AU then you must have a Beta version or the RC
> version installed.
>
> Suggest, perhaps you uninstall the old Beta/RC version, download the full
> file from the MS site and install that.
>
> Take the usual precautions when installing such an upgrade, like turning off
> anything that can interfer with the installation. Disconnect from the
> internet if necessary especially when disabling critical security software.
>
> Some have said it's appropriate to reboot twice after installation.
>
> Also make sure your system is clean of any problems like viruses etc.
>
> Good luck.

> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "Serge" wrote:
>

> > "Serge" wrote:
> >
> > > This morning I was offered IE 8 as an update. I downloaded it and installed
> > > it successfully. It is now being reoffered again and again.
> > >
> > > Any solution?
> > >

> > I forgot to add info about my system:
> >
> > Microsoft Windo XP
> > Media Centre Version 2005
> > Service Pack 3
> >
> > Serge

Re: IE 8 offered again and again.
[Uh-huh...]

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Uh-huh...]
>
> Serge wrote:
> > It was being offered by AU. I did not have a Beta or the RC version
> > installed....
> >>
> >> If you're being offered IE8 by AU then you must have a Beta version or
> >> the
> >> RC version installed.
> >>
> >> Suggest, perhaps you uninstall the old Beta/RC version, download the full
> >> file from the MS site and install that.
> >>
> >> Take the usual precautions when installing such an upgrade, like turning
> >> off anything that can interfer with the installation. Disconnect from the
> >> internet if necessary especially when disabling critical security
> >> software.
> >>
> >> Some have said it's appropriate to reboot twice after installation.
> >>
> >> Also make sure your system is clean of any problems like viruses etc.
> >>
> >> Good luck.

> >> --
> >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> >> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.

Serge

Re: IE 8 offered again and again.
English is my second language. Please, explain the meaning of [Uh-huh...].

Serge