Desktop Items auto-arranging although option turned off.........

ralphjramirez

Desktop Items auto-arranging although option turned off.........
Everytime I reboot my desktop icons are automatically aligned to the left
grid. The only option checked is Show Desktop Items. I am current with all
my Windows updates and am running Windows XP. This has been going on for
several days and it extremely annoying.

Can anyone help?................Ralph

Re: Desktop Items auto-arranging although option turned off.........
How does this pertain to Windows Update, Ralph?

One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) (upon reboot). These include
anti-spyware applications (e.g., Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, WinPatrol, etc),
anti-virus appliations & security suites (Norton, McAfee, ESET/NOD32,
Kasperky, Trend Micro, etc.), and third-party firewalls (e.g., Zone Alarm,
etc.).

Note that temporarily disabling the application(s) or rebooting into Safe
Mode may not disable the system protections.
--
WinXP-specific newsgroup:

ralphjramirez wrote:
> Everytime I reboot my desktop icons are automatically aligned to the left
> grid. The only option checked is Show Desktop Items. I am current with
> all
> my Windows updates and am running Windows XP. This has been going on for
> several days and it extremely annoying.
>
> Can anyone help?................Ralph

ralphjramirez

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does this pertain to Windows Update, Ralph?

Sorry for forgetting important information. The problem surfaced the day
after I installed Internet Explorer 8 and the 2 most current windows updates
for XP, KB961118 and KB951847 . I am not very technical as I thought the
desktop was a Windows driven facility and thought perhaps one of those
updates was the cause. I guess, judging from your response, I was wrong.
Sorry about that. Where should I direct this my question?

Thanks.......................Ralph

> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may be disallowing the change(s) (upon reboot). These include
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, WinPatrol, etc),
> anti-virus appliations & security suites (Norton, McAfee, ESET/NOD32,
> Kasperky, Trend Micro, etc.), and third-party firewalls (e.g., Zone Alarm,
> etc.).
>
> Note that temporarily disabling the application(s) or rebooting into Safe
> Mode may not disable the system protections.
> --
> WinXP-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> ralphjramirez wrote:
> > Everytime I reboot my desktop icons are automatically aligned to the left
> > grid. The only option checked is Show Desktop Items. I am current with
> > all
> > my Windows updates and am running Windows XP. This has been going on for
> > several days and it extremely annoying.
> >
> > Can anyone help?................Ralph

Re: Desktop Items auto-arranging although option turned off.......
Repost your question in WinXP General newsgroup, please:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general